Terrible O Line Debord

He is the OC and that means he also has input in coaching the OL. People who comment on coaches should have at least some concept of how a coaching staff operates.
and people should also know Mahoney is our o-line coach running butches blocking schemes.Debord will not be on the sleds with these guys daily get over your self. He has no input in who starts or what position said o line plays. Mahoney would rather be slapped in front of his unit than be defaced like you guys are clamming

proof or shut up.

Nah, I'll say what I want, thanks. You could probably actually research a bit if you wanted to find out some information on what I'm talking about. I won't hold my breath though you seem more the type to spread misinformation and berate others with more knowledge about the topic.

Reactions: 1 person
Hasn't called plays in forever? Smdh. You act like he's been locked in a cellar with no TV or radio. Maybe the armchair coaches on VN could help him understand the game. Even Fulmer said you don't just forget how to coach.

Yes even oh Fulmer who could not coach and beat bama 11 out of 15 and only NC in nearly 50 years and somehow stumble thru 15 years of top 10 rankings and SEC Championships and East titles, said you dont forget to coach.:)

How to Coach?? NO

How to Recruit?? MAYBE

How to Coach?? NO

How to Recruit?? MAYBE

Fulmer was burnt to a crisp. The fatter he got the less desire he had to win. Plus the spread came into the SEC and he did not know how to handle the changes. Richt put a wall around GA and old Phil was losing his recruiting chops. The game changed, and Phil could not keep up. He made bad hires and could not recruit well.

I loved the guy but he just could not beat the Sabans and Richts and Miles and Spurriers and Meyers of the world. Out coached and out recruited, then he was out of a job.

Come on guys...you honestly think a man that's been out of calling plays for over 8 years is going to learn a system he's never ran,learn situational plays for 1st,2nd ,3rd and 4th down in a limited amount of practices while teaching 4 young quarterbacks on top of working with the o-line and te's to make the o-line better? Mahoney is the o-line coach and will determine who starts where unless butch over rides him

As a former O lineman himself and as a former O line coach and as our OC, Coach Debord will HEAVILY influence the line play.
This.

He is the OC and that means he also has input in coaching the OL. People who comment on coaches should have at least some concept of how a coaching staff operates.
Also this.

It is sincerely frustrating to see how many people on here apparently think Offensive Coordinators do nothing but call plays.

Go to a practice sometime and watch the OC. For those who have never watched a college practice, or participated in one, you'll be surprised at how many seemingly "small" things they pay attention to. This includes all facets of the offense, especially the O-line.

Do you really think Debord will be like "Well the O-line needs help, but I'm just the offensive coordinator, and that has nothing to do with the O-line, right?"

Since coordination of an offense is predicated on a functioning O-line, Debord will be involved in coaching them. If he thinks he can help them more by being more involved than normal, then he will be.

Last edited:
Come on guys...you honestly think a man that's been out of calling plays for over 8 years is going to learn a system he's never ran,learn situational plays for 1st,2nd ,3rd and 4th down in a limited amount of practices while teaching 4 young quarterbacks on top of working with the o-line and te's to make the o-line better? Mahoney is the o-line coach and will determine who starts where unless butch over rides him

Between now and the 1st day of practice you can bet that buTch, DeBord and coach Z will spend endless hours going over every game and play of last season.

All 3 will talk about which play was called and what play they think might have worked better, how to make plays more effective and discuss new plays that should be added to the current playbook.

They'll evaluate every O player on the roster, make notes of where that player can get better, down and distances, ect, ect.

Long before the 1st game is played all 3 of them will be on the same page and ready to go.

The O Coordinator is responsible for ALL the O players and you can bet that DeBord will tell anyone, coaches or players, how they can get better at doing their jobs.

That's his job and responsibility.

Nobody that's coached as long as he has and with so many great coaches in college and the NFL will just up and forget how to coach and you can bet he has notebooks full of coaching info including on the spread.

Many times knowledge and experience pays off well.

We won't know anything until the end of next season with any certainty.

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back