tennis anyone

My favorite. Pretty sure most Tennis fans agree
I liked it better when Sampras was winning. My favorite used to be Australia because many of the top players will show up there out of condition and you get a slew of upsets. For now, I gotta go with U.S. Open for the night matches, crowd enthusiasm, and large # of U.S. qualifiers.

I liked it better when Sampras was winning. My favorite used to be Australia because many of the top players will show up there out of condition and you get a slew of upsets. For now, I gotta go with U.S. Open for the night matches, crowd enthusiasm, and large # of U.S. qualifiers.
Yes U.S.Open is my choice as well wasn't anything like Andre on main court on a night session.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
Crazy to think this year marks 20 years since Roddick won the US Open, last U.S. man to win a major. I was too young to remember Ashe when he was winning majors but for someone who grew up in the era of Connors, Mac, Courrier, Aggasi, and Sampras, I continue to be dumbfounded by the fact that our country has pretty much ole'd two generations when it comes to men's tennis.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Two big upsets on Women's side today the Number 1 and 3 seeds go out in Quarterfinals at Wimbledon!!!!!!

Great run by Eubanks let's see if he can carry the momentum into the U.S. Open this year!!!!!!!!!!l!!!

Crazy to think this year marks 20 years since Roddick won the US Open, last U.S. man to win a major. I was too young to remember Ashe when he was winning majors but for someone who grew up in the era of Connors, Mac, Courrier, Aggasi, and Sampras, I continue to be dumbfounded by the fact that our country has pretty much ole'd two generations when it comes to men's tennis.
The timing of Roddick coming on was horrible. He easily would’ve had a couple more majors if Federer hadn’t emerged.

I remember when Ashe beat Connors. Heck, I remember having Stan Smith Adidas

Reactions: TOUCHDOWN!!TN
What does it have to take for the US to create a dominant men's player again? We haven't had one in 20 years (Sampras).
I think countries like Spain Russia Italy,and so on invest all their money into Tennis ,United States Tennis is usually near bottom of the food chain in Athletics we will never see the Sampras Agassi Courier and Chang coming up together for a long time.

Reactions: 05_never_again
I think countries like Spain Russia Italy,and so on invest all their money into Tennis ,United States Tennis is usually near bottom of the food chain in Athletics we will never see the Sampras Agassi Courier and Chang coming up together for a long time.
We also have 330m people, and unlike soccer Americans have a history of producing elite tennis players. We haven't had a guy win a single major in 20 years.

Reactions: knoxvol52
We also have 330m people, and unlike soccer Americans have a history of producing elite tennis players. We haven't had a guy win a single major in 20 years.
The Eubanks kid is showing signs and Taylor Fritz is improving ,I think Sebastian Korda will be the best of all of them. Tiafoe has maxed out his potential it looks like but he could surprise at U.S. Open!!!!

Reactions: hUTch2002

I don’t know the current prospects in the U18 mix, but I don’t see Fritz or anyone else alleviating this issue.

The Eubanks kid is showing signs and Taylor Fritz is improving ,I think Sebastian Korda will be the best of all of them. Tiafoe has maxed out his potential it looks like but he could surprise at U.S. Open!!!!
Eubanks is 27 so I’m not sure if this will be sustainable or if it was just a good run. Outside of Djokovic and Alcaraz anyone is beatable by anyone so I think we will see a rotating door of semi finalists and even finalists for the next couple of years. As far as the US goes, the GOAT is still playing and a young buck is starting to challenge the GOAT so seeing a dominant US male likely won’t happen anytime soon.

Eubanks is 27 so I’m not sure if this will be sustainable or if it was just a good run. Outside of Djokovic and Alcaraz anyone is beatable by anyone so I think we will see a rotating door of semi finalists and even finalists for the next couple of years. As far as the US goes, the GOAT is still playing and a young buck is starting to challenge the GOAT so seeing a dominant US male likely won’t happen anytime soon.
Agree what's so funny the one I thought would dominant one day loves Baseball more. Andre and Steffi son

Reactions: hUTch2002
I don’t know the current prospects in the U18 mix, but I don’t see Fritz or anyone else alleviating this issue.
I don't know anything about our prospects, but Taylor Fritz is already 25. It seems like these guys who go on to be studs and win a bunch of GSs start winning majors at like 19, 20, 21. Fritz's best performance in a major is making the Wimbledon QFs last year.

Of course, that doesn't mean the US can have a guy steal one, but we appear to still be years away from having a potentially dominant player come around.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back