tennis anyone

I don't know anything about our prospects, but Taylor Fritz is already 25. It seems like these guys who go on to be studs and win a bunch of GSs start winning majors at like 19, 20, 21. Fritz's best performance in a major is making the Wimbledon QFs last year.

Of course, that doesn't mean the US can have a guy steal one, but we appear to still be years away from having a potentially dominant player come around.

Weird to watch them stall out. I thought Korda would progress, but then nothing.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Well I know he isn't American but the one I think to watch out for the next few years in the kid from Denmark Holger Rune!!!!

This might get kicked outta here, but why do women still play two matches instead of three or vice versa.

This might get kicked outta here, but why do women still play two matches instead of three or vice versa.
I am assuming you mean, why do they play best of 3 instead of 5?

I am more surprised the men are still at 5 sets for the grand slams. As all other ATP tournaments are 3 for men. I think this could just be marked as a tradition thing. Because from an overall audience standpoint 3 would probably do much better in ratings.

I am more surprised the men are still at 5 sets for the grand slams. As all other ATP tournaments are 3 for men. I think this could just be marked as a tradition thing. Because from an overall audience standpoint 3 would probably do much better in ratings.
Sorry. That’s what I meant. And also my point that 5 gets really long. Would prefer men play best of three all the time

Sorry. That’s what I meant. And also my point that 5 gets really long. Would prefer men play best of three all the time
Yeah, I think grand slam matches are currently averaging just under 3 hours. (Which would include straight set wins) That is just stupid. Not going to even touch how ridiculous it is that they started a match at midnight, and it didn’t end until almost 4am.

You hit the nail on the head 5 sets is tradition in Grand Slam tournament for men.

Anyone following this?

Yeah I was keeping an eye on the scores. Good showing overall. I think our record is now 4-3 against top 15 ranked teams.

I will be interested to see how SEC play goes. Based off current rankings 5 other teams that we play are in to pin the top 25.

Last edited:
Reactions: Orange.

VN Store

Back