Tennessee's tough road ahead

Tennessee has to avoid a upset in games they're favored in.
that said, only 14 days for the big show and can only hope we take one game at a time. Having watched 98 fiesta bowl replay, I am so hoping this IS the start of something for years to come.

THe Vols will not lose to mizzou in Neyland and ole miss hasn't been good since the archie manning era. :no:

Have you forgotten that Ole Miss had one of top recruiting classes last year? They are no pushover & we have to play them on the road to boot! I do believe we can beat Mizzou in Knoxville though.

Sad thing is people will be asking for Butch's head after this season. I don't think he should be put in the hot seat until 2016 if we have a losing seasons. Give the man time to work.

I'm hopeful for a 7-5 season, but just looking at reality we might come out with a 4-8.

My biggest hope is they(Vols fans) leave Butch alone. We are Tennessee, everyone at ESPN, SEC, and every other team hates our guts, our songs, our colors. We wont pop out a 12-0 season just because we feel entitled to it. We will have to work for it and that wont happen by getting a new coach every two years. He cares about the team and wants to be good. Let him work with our boys for a few years.

"ESPN hates us" needs to follow Crystal Pepsi and the Taco Bell dog into oblivion. It's stupid. ESPN loves money and attention. When UT can bring them either, like about a decade ago, orange will be all over their networks.

I have no expectations for this year. However, I will offer that many of these teams could easily have the same type of season as UT in 2005. As we know, preseason rankings are not the best indicators of what to expect.

A key injury here or suspension there, and most on this list could struggle, especially when they face the Vols.

On a related note, who but a few optimistic fans around Columbia, MO last August would have believed that Missouri could go 12-2 and end the year ranked #5 after playing in the SEC Championship game? Strange things happen every season. Here's hoping a little luck comes our way.

I just look forward to UT getting better each week.

If I've learned one thing it is that each season has its own flavor, and there is no way to know for sure what that will before the first kickoff. If we have good luck injury-wise, and catch teams at the right time, anything is possible.

Having said that, our two interior lines are going to have to be at least solid. There is no way to know for sure until they meet up with a team other than our own (practice).

8 wins is unrealistic and ridiculous? :eek:lol:

Butch gets 4 years. You get zero radio shows.

You're nothing more than a fan on a message forum. Know your place.

Yes expecting 8 wins is unrealistic. Is it possible? Sure but winning the NC is too.

Bama is at home.

Oklahoma isn't even in the SEC.

Tennessee whipped SC last year.

Butch Jones gonna outtrick coach mark rich with his mind because he's a damn smart genius.

Ole Miss is overrated.

Mizzou lost 50-60 players from last season.

No problem

No mention of the Swamp Lizzards?!?! I guess you want to keep your guest status intact. Seriously, what do you think the UT/UF game will be like? :popcorn:

No mention of the Swamp Lizzards?!?! I guess you want to keep your guest status intact. Seriously, what do you think the UT/UF game will be like? :popcorn:

Tennessee will be up 24-20 with the ball at their own 45 yard line with less than 20 seconds to go. Florida will have no timeouts.

Tennessee will line up in victory formation and fumble the snap from center. Florida will recover the fumble and throw a hail mary for a touchdown on the next play.

We'll beat ole piss too

Not trying to be rude at all but I have been hearing this lately and I support and have all the confidence in the world in my Vols,but I'm not too sure about a road game to Oxford. Can you please explain your reasons why? Especially with the Basham brothers on D (Nkemdichie's) if we can win whose to say they don't jump us afterwards haha sorry I had too

Tennessee will be up 24-20 with the ball at their own 45 yard line with less than 20 seconds to go. Florida will have no timeouts.

Tennessee will line up in victory formation and fumble the snap from center. Florida will recover the fumble and throw a hail mary for a touchdown on the next play.

With all the receiving threats you got.. Debose is all you have and we all know he will be injured before then. I will be at this game so we'll see

Even that is a step forward.

Their predictions are more realistic because some reputable asshat sports journalist told them so.

Makes sense huh?

Sure, but maybe they read it on the interwebs...Bonjour!:birgits_giggle:

Last edited:
Win the East: NOPE!
Upset OK in Norman: NOPE!

We can upset a couple of SEC teams but not OKL in Norman & we certainly won't win the East this season either. I have high hopes for this team but we have to be realistic as well. We could win 8 games if things fall our way. We could also lose 7 games if things don't fall our way.

I don't see us losing more than 7 games though unless you include a bowl game. Anybody suggesting we win more than 8 games in the regular season is on a pretty high horse! :p

Wait. What?

Do it right....

The "controversial" TD will be under review for about 10 minutes and finally the ref says, "There is inconclusive evidence to overturn the call. The ruling on the field stands. Touchdown."

All of the fans that stormed the field in what was a certain victory over the Gators do an immediate about-face and race out of the South endzone and jump in Ft. Loudon Lake.

Thought about sharing my wish list of W's, but that is all it is. And while measuring a team on W's and L's is for some all that matters, in a rebuilding year I am more worried about different letters of the alphabet. Like "A, B & C's in term Effort, Grit, Determination, Coaching, Teamwork, Tenacity and Finishing a game. If we get good grades in each of those, we will add on more W's each year - which will help recruiting and continue the cycle.

Do it right....

The "controversial" TD will be under review for about 10 minutes and finally the ref says, "There is inconclusive evidence to overturn the call. The ruling on the field stands. Touchdown."

All of the fans that stormed the field in what was a certain victory over the Gators do an immediate about-face and race out of the South endzone and jump in Ft. Loudon Lake.

I take wins any way I can get them, but I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

That would be horrible.

I take wins any way I can get them, but I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

That would be horrible.

Ha...LSU...UNC...UGA...

And I'm still waiting on them to find a flag on the field from the Carolina game lol

VN Store

Back