Tennessee vs Utah State: Offense play by play (video)

I don't know where some of the comments about "loading the box" to stop the run are coming from.

Tennessee pretty much spread the field the whole game and loading the box wasn't even possible. In addition, on most plays Utah State seemed to keep a couple of safeties deep.

The box had 7 in it much of the game.

Jalen is always just 1 block or Brocken tackle away from 12+ yard runs. Once more experience he will be deadly. He always falls forward on runs

Reactions: 1 person
Freak, how did you record this game. I tried twice to DVR it and it would not record it. I just called AT&T and they informed me the SEC network has all of their stuff copyrighted and AT&T is not allowed to let us DVR games. THIS SUCKS, what am I going to watch during NBA season??

I would love to see the defense also. You can really see how the line really performed.

VolBricks, I'm not familiar with AT&T but if true, that's a travesty.

Possibly, although I'm not sure how much demand exists for it.

We would love to see it. I enjoy these because then I can truly focus on one guy especially when looking at linemen. Would love to see all of Barnett's plays and how he held up snap after snap.

My thoughts and no I didn't play cfb nor do I coach.

1. Worley played at a whole new level. He was elusive, poised, fairly accurate and made some great yardage with his feet. I watched and he was going through progressions better than any UT qb in a long time. If he continues to play like that we'll do fine.

2. O line was even more porous than I remembered. Decent pass blocking but even that was often suspect. I pray USU really does have a good line.

3. Lane looked like the starter. Even more so than I remembered. He looked like a SR tailback should. Hurd imo was meh especially for the hype.

4. North is a damn Manimal aka beast. He's a very tough tackle. He's like watching an SEC RB when he makes contact.
Why we got him going late I have no idea.

5. I'd like to see more wrinkles in the offense. It's still mostly the vanilla offense I remember from last year just better executed. I presume by design but I hope we have more to offer by OK.

I don't know where some of the comments about "loading the box" to stop the run are coming from.

Tennessee pretty much spread the field the whole game and loading the box wasn't even possible. In addition, on most plays Utah State seemed to keep a couple of safeties deep.

They brought a lot of heat on a number of plays. Although not all of it was with overwhelming force. On a few occasions we just got whipped. Having Worley handled the pressure very well though IMO.

VN Store

Back