Tennessee vs The Maxims vs Oklahoma

Don't know. Don't care.

The article I referenced appeared shortly before one of their semi-regular system failures and was lost to the ether.

I left about four years ago and haven't looked back. They were down to about seven regular posters, three or four of whom may have been the same person.

My eyes were opened when I posted the same thing there and here. There it got about 10 hits, here it got 2000. Game. Set. Match.

Yep. No disagreement here.

Reactions: 1 person
I SO love these every week! Thanks....for the umpteenth time, for spending the time to differentiate our board from the rest. Fantastic read!!!

Outstanding... inspirational... and motivating... can't wait for the big victory writings which will come soon!!!

Go Vols !

Great read as always!

This thread always seems a cut above most on the board in the consistent quality of the OP and the discussions that follow. Interesting that here, a particular player's less than stellar performance can be pointed out and no one calls for your Vol card or starts the NegaVol garbage.

Thanks to all in this thread for intelligent, considerate discussion!

Reactions: 2 people
Great read as always!

This thread always seems a cut above most on the board in the consistent quality of the OP and the discussions that follow. Interesting that here, a particular player's less than stellar performance can be pointed out and no one calls for your Vol card or starts the NegaVol garbage.

Thanks to all in this thread for intelligent, considerate discussion!

Right back at ya!

Maybe it's because I make it clear these are merely my own opinions and observations based on my nearly 50 years as a Volunteer.

I learned to watch games by watching Doug Dickey and Bill Battle breaking down film on their shows. Those shows were preceded on local TV by the great Lindsey Nelson doing a rebroadcast of the previous day's Notre Dame game. I still snicker from time to time recalling the times Nelson would refer to Joe Theisman as "The Squirmin' German."

I try to call it right down the middle. I praise what's praiseworthy and point out issues without getting personal about it. I've been around far too long to get overly excited or pessimistic on the basis of a single game or a single season.

Reactions: 3 people
Shameless Son-promotion!

My younger Son & Heir will be hosting his own sports radio show originating from the University of Dayton.

He's calling it "The Gang Tackle." The first part will deal with college football and the second with the pro game. Jimmy's knowledge of sports rivals mine in military history. His middle-school basketball coach took to calling him "Jimmy the Greek" because he knew so much even then.

The show runs from 8pm-10pm starting this Friday on WUDR radio. WUDR is the student-run station at the University of Dayton where Jimmy is a student. His heart is true though. he was recently interviewed on one of the Dayton TV stations about his recollections of 9/11 and he was wearing an Orange shirt!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]UD Students Remember 9/11 Terror Attacks - WKEF-TV ABC 22 News :: News - Top Stories[/FONT]

You can listen to The Gang Tackle online here: WUDR - FM 98.1 - Dayton, OH - Listen Online

He will also be doing some play-by-play for Flyer sports but I don't have a schedule yet.

I told him Buckeye Bob is bound to retire some day and Jeff Jarnigan is no Spring Chicken!

:hi:

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Thank you , each week you bring great writing with a military history lesson I look so forward too. Thank you once again

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Tennessee vs The Maxims vs Oklahoma [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif] Saturday night, Tennessee fans were treated to a glimpse of the 2016 edition of the Volunteers.[/FONT]

Unfortunately, that glimpse was provided by the 2014 Oklahoma Sooners, although this writer could do without the cheap shots and sack dances. On the other hand, if you don't want your opponent doing sack dances, don't let your quarterback get sacked

Watching the OU/WVU match tonight, I can't help but notice that the Big XII officiating crew isn't letting OU get away with the cheap shots the SEC crew swallowed their whistles on last week. Methinks the SEC needs to step up its officiating standards. A good start might be to get rid of some of the fossils that have been calling games since I was at UT in the Age of Great Lizards.

VN Store

Back