Tennessee @ Vanderbilt Game Thread - 9:00 ET - ESPN

When did I say he's a bad player? We'd love to have him, but he absolutely sucked tonight.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Those few open looks he got don't feel so open when you get hounded all night by Bone and others. But I'm sure you know that from your playing days.

We are terrible at free-throws, except Hopson, and at times, Harris. Our offense looked slow and clueless again at points int he game. However, I was extremely impressed with the defense. The guys hustled and played like they wanted it more. I was especially impressed with Goins tonight other than his couple of ill-advised three-pointers. He was the game changer, for he just made a lot of plays. I didn't like Vandy's game plan at all. I didn't mind taking Taylor out of the game by guarding Hopson all night. We play better defense anyways. Goins can easily lock down Tinsley any night, and Bone and Tatum did well on Jenkins. Our inside defense is what hurt us. Williams is playing soft for some reason.

In all fairness, Brian Williams has the flu. Did you see him at the end of the game he looked blue? He wasn't good tonight, but not everybody can play with the flu like MJ. Great win tonight!

Those few open looks he got don't feel so open when you get hounded all night by Bone and others. But I'm sure you know that from your playing days.
He had several wide open looks and blew them. Are you going to carry this brilliance over to the front end he missed? Maybe the TOs.

Oh, and I gather that you sucked too. Helps me understand where you're coming from.

He had several wide open looks and blew them. Are you going to carry this brilliance over to the front end he missed? Maybe the TOs.

Oh, and I gather that you sucked too. Helps me understand where you're coming from.

I just re-watched the game, and where all all these "several wide open looks" you are speaking of. And the turnovers was from us "blitzing" him, something that comes from watching film and exploiting a weakness of a great player.

Cam Tatum 23 mins 0-4 3's 1 reb 2 st's and 2 to's

Josh Bone 26 mins 0-1 3's 5 reb 1 st's 0 to's and shut down Jenkins in the second half.
They both shut down Jenkins the entire game. Bone played much better defense, though. I was very impressed and remembered why I liked him starting at point guard last year. He did miss a somewhat easy transition layup, but our whole team seems to do that occasionally.

I think Tatum had a TO falsely attributed to him (the pass to Maymon) and about 2 of those missed threes resulted from our natural offense without Hopson and with Taylor on Tatum (dribbling the ball at the three point line until 8 seconds left and passing it to Tatum with 4 seconds left to try to bail us out with a three). With that said, he still had an awful offensive game, and Bone deserved to play more minutes for his defense. Tatum should have shot better because he had one wide open look and a few relatively uncontested looks. Even the two he actually made was a bad decision (but hey, he made it). Also, he lost the ball after his two steals, one killing a fastbreak and one resulting in a TO. I expect Tatum to have a much better game against USC and Miss. St. (mainly because they have worse athletes).

I liked Pearl and Goins' game. Hopson had a good finish, and Harris played about average but had a good defender on him. The rest of our post men played average to mediocre. I still can't believe how badly Vandy took care of the ball...a win's a win, I guess.

You've lost your mind. Mike hamilton will loose his job long before bruce will. Also to all of those who even mention firing bruce, you must not have been to many buzzball games, or the silver fox, or even kevin oneils, should I even bring up wade houston? We are now relevant not only in the S.E.C. But nationally. Bruce is the best thing to happen to this program on a loooooong time! So you all can "suck it" with vandy!

VN Store

Back