Tennessee v Loyola-Chicago Ramblers, 2018 NCAAT Second Round: Game thread

I'm glad somebody else recognized this too. After Grant swiped at the ball, the Loyola player's fingertip hit the ball, causing spin to change, before it went out of bounds.

Go back a few pages and look at the photo I attached with a shot from the baseline. The guys not even close to the ball.

Not against a 11 seed

You and most here probably didn't even know where Loyola was from. Most people around were I'm at thought they deserved a higher seed and they proving it. That program has been coming up for a few years. It sucks that they are going to lose their coach to a big money school.

was thinking the same - heavy traffic and refs never seem to watch for fouls on those - pretty much like PI on a hail mary -- never seen or called

I only remember thinking that it seemed like his arm jerked a little... but I don't know if it was because he was trying to get the ball clear for release or whether he was fouled. It matters not one whit either way, but since I have no means of replaying it myself to get the answer I thought I'd ask here in case someone might be willing to review it for me. 😀

I think not having Alexander in the game was a big reason we lost. I’m curious if the team practiced throughout the year with certain players out. We seemed to be out of sync on defense boards.

I think not having Alexander in the game was a big reason we lost. I’m curious if the team practiced throughout the year with certain players out. We seemed to be out of sync on defense boards.

Not to mention the fact that Loyola obviously has had it drilled into their heads to always box out. They were outstanding at that.

Reactions: 1 person
Williams definitely touched it last -- no doubt. Watch how the direction of the ball changes just as Williams' fingers touch it, and note how itvdoes not change again.

I actually think it changes after the Loyola guy reached for it, but it was tough to tell. Inconclusive. I am upset at the foul calls. They were all over Grant yet we got called for some tough calls.

Reactions: 3 people
Me 100%

If we lose I’m preparing for a scourge of losers invading the board with their negative chicken little nonsense. We’ve lost to worse teams this year. We need to understand this will likely be a close game

They haven’t lost a game this year where their opponent shot less than 50% from the field.

Reactions: 1 person
We almost pulled that game out when we were dead meat with 3 mins left. They got a very nice bounce that feel in, but we still had a chance if Bone can make it. Great season after being picked so low. Still disappointing, but an awesome surprise versus what 99% thought back in October.

Game is being replayed on the CBSSN channel if anyone is interested. Maybe he will miss the shot this time. Go Vols.

VN Store

Back