Tennessee under NCAA investigation over use of recruiting hostesses

I missed out on the whole breaking news story of this yesterday, so I'm a little late to the party, but here's my opinion (for what it's worth)

I don't think the administration or coaching staff had anything to do with it (at least I hope not). I trust Kiffin to do the right thing. However:

Why the Hell are hostesses going to these high school games at that type of distance? It's freakin' ridiculous. As much as we all love UT football, it's sad that people would do this. I want as many of the top players to come to UT as much as anybody, but this is like a joke. Let the coaches do the recruiting, and the fans need to stay out of it.

Why the Hell are hostesses going to these high school games at that type of distance? It's freakin' ridiculous. As much as we all love UT football, it's sad that people would do this. I want as many of the top players to come to UT as much as anybody, but this is like a joke. Let the coaches do the recruiting, and the fans need to stay out of it.

you never took a road trip in college to visit friends? Heck we drove to Atl or Nashville quite a few times (sometimes on nothing more than a dare) and those are much farther than these girls went. The trip itself is being blown way out of proportion.

I missed out on the whole breaking news story of this yesterday, so I'm a little late to the party, but here's my opinion (for what it's worth)

I don't think the administration or coaching staff had anything to do with it (at least I hope not). I trust Kiffin to do the right thing. However:

Its only 'nearly 200 miles'. Its not that far.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

you never took a road trip in college to visit friends? Heck we drove to Atl or Nashville quite a few times (sometimes on nothing more than a dare) and those are much farther than these girls went. The trip itself is being blown way out of proportion.

That may be true, but if the reports have them running around with Come to UT signs at a high school football game, it's crossing the line. Maybe not the official NCAA line, but the "fans uncomfortably stalking recruits" line.

If they are truly friends, then that's fine- but if you are somehow a representative of the University, whether that be a hostess or a freakin' janitor, you should know better than to go out of the way to contact a potential recruit.

There's a difference between taking a road trip to watch some buddies play football and a football hostess doing it.

Like I said, I'm a little late to the story this week and I'm not caught up on all that's going on. Maybe I'm still behind on the details. At the same time, it really isn't surprising that something like this happened.

I think you might really be reaching for something you want to be true here. Furthermore, "hostesses" was previously an official designation, and you're right, hostesses tend to be female. I'm sure they didn't refuse males in the past, but I think it is clear this has been a program whose purpose has attracted primarily pretty girls.

You call it reaching, I call it using common sense. We still have zero reason to believe any of our coaches or staff sent these girls to the game and/or provided means to get there.

There's a big difference between "exclusively" and "primarily", so pick one. Yeah, it is VERY clear that the program attracts primarily good-looking females, just certainly not exclusively.

GO VOLS!!!

We have the best coaching staff in the world!!!! I said to my son (Nick) we don,t want kelly we want Lane Kiffin and try to get his dad. My son said dad, that will never happen. I said, wouldn,t it be great lane kiffin and monty kiffin. They bring Ed Orgeron with them. Any kid in the us who don,t come to be taught by these coaches is just stupid and need to go to fla or ala or okla or ND, because we want smart Athaletes. O the pete thames is over hyped. He is just getting a free ride from Lane. Pete hasn,t sold any papers lately.

We have the best coaching staff in the world!!!! I said to my son (Nick) we don,t want kelly we want Lane Kiffin and try to get his dad. My son said dad, that will never happen. I said, wouldn,t it be great lane kiffin and monty kiffin. They bring Ed Orgeron with them. Any kid in the us who don,t come to be taught by these coaches is just stupid and need to go to fla or ala or okla or ND, because we want smart Athaletes. O the pete thames is over hyped. He is just getting a free ride from Lane. Pete hasn,t sold any papers lately.

Sir, have you had anything to drink tonight? :)

When I was an freshman at UTK, I drove to Washington DC to have dinner with a couple of girls whom I had met on the 1988 version of the internet. And then turned right and drove back again. A year or two later, a couple of guys and I were sitting around talking about how none of us had ever seen Mt. Rushmore, so we all piled in a car and drove in shifts to South Dakota, took pictures at Mt. Rushmore, and drove in shifts back again. A lousy two and a half hour trip to see a HS football game seems completely plausible to me.

That may be true, but if the reports have them running around with Come to UT signs at a high school football game, it's crossing the line. Maybe not the official NCAA line, but the "fans uncomfortably stalking recruits" line.

If they are truly friends, then that's fine- but if you are somehow a representative of the University, whether that be a hostess or a freakin' janitor, you should know better than to go out of the way to contact a potential recruit.

There's a difference between taking a road trip to watch some buddies play football and a football hostess doing it.

Like I said, I'm a little late to the story this week and I'm not caught up on all that's going on. Maybe I'm still behind on the details. At the same time, it really isn't surprising that something like this happened.

According to one of the recruits' dads, the girls weren't dressed in Tennessee colors, and their signs had the names of the players on it -- not "Come to Tennessee," at least that he saw.

Commitment's father says UT did no wrong GoVolsXtra

I'm sure there have been covered 50 times in this thread, but I don't have time to search it so help would be appreciated.

Two questions -

1. Has there been a date solidified that the girls were at the game in SC?

2. I read/heard/dreamed that one, maybe two, of the girls were from SC, close to Spartanburg. Is that true?

I'll hang up and listen.

Here's the latest from MrSEC.... Not exactly a UT friendly site but interesting nonetheless....

MrSEC.com

As the day progresses you may have to scroll down to see it but this site has been on top of the story from jump....

"Come to Tennessee" was an official slogan of state government encouraging tourism which played across the United States. I've watched Dolly Parton encourage people to "Come to Tennessee" sitting on my futon here in LA. Are we now not able to encourage tourism? That's where this silliness leads everybody. Don't believe nor buy into the hype.

"Come to Tennessee" was an official slogan of state government encouraging tourism which played across the United States. I've watched Dolly Parton encourage people to "Come to Tennessee" sitting on my futon here in LA. Are we now not able to encourage tourism? That's where this silliness leads everybody. Don't believe nor buy into the hype.

Has Dolly ever been a member of Orange Pride? And I'm not talking about the many who have uttered, "Orange you proud of those boobies?"

The whole story is overblown and will die down soon when they find no evidence that the girls made it with these players after the game.

lane-kiffin2copy.jpg

VN Store

Back