Tennessee Summer Football Tour Monday @ 8:30 on SECN

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
Looks like an early look at football. Will follow some players around, tour the facility, hear Butch throw out some clichés. Should be great.

Reactions: 2 people
Looks like an early look at football. Will follow some players around, tour the facility, hear Butch throw out some clichés. Should be great.

Just logged-on to create a thread on this, but you beat me to it. Good work.

Butch quote generator just spit out this:

"Everything we do in our football program is about creating a mental toughness that's necessary to play winning football here at the University of Tennessee. Obviously we have a lot of individuals who experienced tremendous growth last season, but we're still going to be the youngest team in the country next year and some experts have picked us to win between 0 and 2 games. So we will have a tremendous challenge in front of us, but I tell you what, our players are focused and ready to compete at the highest level of football in the SEC."

Reactions: 7 people

"Everything we do in our football program is about creating a mental toughness that's necessary to play winning football here at the University of Tennessee. Obviously we have a lot of individuals who experienced tremendous growth last season, but we're still going to be the youngest team in the country next year and some experts have picked us to win between 0 and 2 games. So we will have a tremendous challenge in front of us, but I tell you what, our players are focused and ready to compete at the highest level of football in the SEC."

Spot. On.

Perfection. Butch is a master at taking an exceptionally long time to say absolutely nothing.

Thanks for the tip. I've been watching the other programs hoping Tennessee would be next. Got the DVR set!

Perfection. Butch is a master at taking an exceptionally long time to say absolutely nothing.

In all fairness, him saying "absolutely nothing", seems to go a long way with some of the best recruits in the country.

I'll be honest though, I just read his interviews by skimming the coach speak and looking for the one or two lines that may be important. Seems better than tuning in to every single thing he says then complaining about hearing the same things. Many here do that and it just confuses the sh*t out of me.

A. In my Language of Butch Jones class, an A+ would have said "Southeastern Conference" instead of "SEC," but that was excellent.

Reactions: 1 person

You nailed it!

Well it is a process

If you can't record or watch it for some reason at 8:30p it repeats again at 10:30p, 1:30a, 2:30a, 5:30a, and 6:30a.

I'll take that over this:

"Right now we're like the Germans in World War II. Here comes the boats, they're coming. You have the binoculars, and it's like, 'Oh, my God, the invasion is coming.' That's what they did, they were in the bunkers. It's coming, they call Rommel — they can't find Rommel. 'What do we do? I'm not doing anything until I get orders.' 'Have you gotten Rommel yet?' :thud:

or this:

"We had, I told them, the worst shower discipline of any team I've ever been around," Dooley said. "So we talked a little bit about application of soap to the rag and making sure you hit all your body." :crazy:

Any day!!

Reactions: 1 person
I'll take that over this:

"Right now we're like the Germans in World War II. Here comes the boats, they're coming. You have the binoculars, and it's like, 'Oh, my God, the invasion is coming.' That's what they did, they were in the bunkers. It's coming, they call Rommel — they can't find Rommel. 'What do we do? I'm not doing anything until I get orders.' 'Have you gotten Rommel yet?' :thud:

or this:

"We had, I told them, the worst shower discipline of any team I've ever been around," Dooley said. "So we talked a little bit about application of soap to the rag and making sure you hit all your body." :crazy:

Any day!!

I loved the Dooleyisms. "I told my guys that there was a new rule that if someone was in their face, they would let them stick their hand in the air and make the catch without getting hit."

You forgot about this being a process, and overcoming adversity.

VN Store

Back