Tennessee State Championship Games

That's not what Willis said. I heard him in an interview. He wanted to go to UT, but they wouldn't give him a scholarship. As a young child he attended many UT games, and playing at UT was a childhood dream. I am just stating what Willis said in an interview. I think Fulmer was a great coach, I only mentioned this because I think even great coaches miss out on a few players, or they slip through without being noticed as much if they don't go to camps and etc. and attend a small school from a small town.
Watch out giving Phil his due. Some people here are still bitter.

I watched those games, too. Didn’t see an abundance of 6’5” 300 lbs D1 lineman.

Sorry. If they are good enough, they are being recruited.

Reactions: LittleVol
Fulmer didn't miss out on Patrick. Fulmer knew full well his potential and even told Patrick he could start on any SEC team he wanted. He would have had a scholly to UT had he chose. Finley guided him to Ole Miss, he has always been an Ole Miss fan.
You have this sh-- over in west TN. even today. When you have to depend on Memphis TV and papers ( also Jackson to some extent) for sports info and coverage,,, you are gonna hear about Memphis, Ark, Miss, and anyone else but UT.

That's not what Willis said. I heard him in an interview. He wanted to go to UT, but they wouldn't give him a scholarship. As a young child he attended many UT games, and playing at UT was a childhood dream. I am just stating what Willis said in an interview. I think Fulmer was a great coach, I only mentioned this because I think even great coaches miss out on a few players, or they slip through without being noticed as much if they don't go to camps and etc. and attend a small school from a small town.
A lot of those interviews are fabricated. It makes for a better story that way. They generally have truths sprinkled in to "prove" their validity. My memory fails me sometimes but I never can think of a time when i saw Patrick wearing UT Orange around school and the park where we played basketball. Can't say he wore Ole Miss either, but I do know Finley wore Ole Miss.

What was done in private I couldn't tell you, but publicly when Fulmer came to Bruceton, he said Patrick could play anywhere and he hoped it would be for Tennessee. That doesn't sound like someone getting overlooked to me.

I was right more times by the time I was 30 than you will be your entire life.

Hell that ain't nothin. From the time I was aged 14 until I hit age 19, I was right about everything all the time 100%!!!

Bobby I'm not sure what you're complaining about.

2023 Roster:
Cade Mays (Ktown)
Aiden Bussell (Mt Juliet)
Dayne Davis (Bluff City)
Jackson Lampley ( Nashville)
Ollie Lane (Ktown)
Gus Hill (Fayetteville TN)

2024 recruiting
Jesse Perry (Murfreesboro)
Lost the other WE RECRUITED to Clemson.

What exactly are you complaining about??

We're are all these Tennessee HS 6'5 300 lbs going in the SEC???
Hey, I stand corrected. I salute you. It does look like the recruiting of in state linemen is much better now. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

VN Store

Back