Tennessee Spring Practice #2

Just because he is a natural tackle doesn't mean he was ready to play as a true freshman.
it was more a commentary on the shifting state of offensive line prospect, and opinions (which depend on subscription levels).

Makeshift? We have like 3 starters back plus a 5star transfer and a few with a lot of experience. I think we’ll be OK this year.
Interior Oline scares me a bit. I think we’ll be fine at OT and at C if Coop can stay healthy. This a very good team but it can turn into a long year if you have any injuries on the interior Oline or Nico misses any time.

Interior Oline scares me a bit. I think we’ll be fine at OT and at C if Coop can stay healthy. This a very good team but it can turn into a long year if you have any injuries on the interior Oline or Nico misses any time.
I agree hopefully Karic and sham can make the next step.

From the pictures I’ve seen Bishop looks like he has hit the weight room while he was sidelined last year...Looks pretty jacked. Hopefully he can be the 3rd RB guy while Peyton is getting healthy.
Anyone know the practice schedule this week by chance

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
They obviously didn’t have a valid doomsday plan for Cooper’s injury…too much riding on Addison Nichols being versatile enough in his second season on campus. So they rolled with good soldier Ollie backed by equally loyal soldier Dayne. We didn’t see Vysen Lang in practice, so hard to amateur judge how SEC ready he was by Florida. Going by early practice reports, it’s night and day. Lang acquitting himself well and William Satterwhite (my pick as the guy next season) a quick study. It can be simple dynamics. Long-tenured end of roster types vs selectively recruited, but the QUALITY of options is increasing every season imo.

Makeshift? We have like 3 starters back plus a 5star transfer and a few with a lot of experience. I think we’ll be OK this year.
I think it's early yet but the killer for Heupel's offense is pre-snap penalties. We saw the penalties lessen last year once we had a stable O-Line.

It's way too early to panic about the O-Line but avoiding false starts is rep after rep after rep to get the timing down and move as a unit. The sooner we nail down a core, the better.

Cooper was vital last year and he's vital this year. JMO

I always look for what nobody else is looking at and that is the kicking game. JT Carver PK R-JR 2L Martin, TN, LS Bennett Brady R-SO 1L Memphis, TN Max Gilbert R-FR 1L, Josh Turbyville, P/PKR-SO Knoxville, TN, and that is it. Did any of these guys take a snap in a game last year? Is the controversial punter back? I remember Charles Campbell RS-SR that I think graduated and was a Lou Groza semi-finalist.
What’s so controversial about him? After a really shaky start Jackson Ross was a weapon and has 3 more years to learn and improve.

What’s so controversial about him? After a really shaky start Jackson Ross was a weapon and has 3 more years to learn and improve.
I did not see him on the roster posted the other day. When he first started running and punting everyone freaked out. A few of his shanks were noteworthy. I agree he finished very strong. After re-looking the roster at UT Sport.com I see Jackson #98. If he is as good as 2023 or better, we should be fine. Always need to plan for injury and the next man up. Who would replace Ross?

I did not see him on the roster posted the other day. When he first started running and punting everyone freaked out. A few of his shanks were noteworthy. I agree he finished very strong. After re-looking the roster at UT Sport.com I see Jackson #98. If he is as good as 2023 or better, we should be fine. Always need to plan for injury and the next man up. Who would replace Ross?
Last count was four walk-on punters.

Reactions: 87&91ALUM

VN Store

Back