Tennessee Softball 2023

they are making a legitimate reaction to the trajectory of the ball after it is thrown.

I can see this one becoming controversial right away. If obstruction is called on my player I am going to argue every time that my player was simply adjusting to the incoming throw and not trying to block the base. Guess it will be a replay call.

10.19 is the section on warmup pitches (10.19.2 looks like where this change will apply)
Okay, I looked that up and, of course, it is as you say, but no rationale is given for taking a warm-up to a base at all. I have never noticed any pitcher taking a warm-up to first base, but then I'm never in the ballpark, and we never see the warm-ups on the tube. I will venture a guess as to the purpose, though. Usually a throw to a base is overhand, whereas a pitch is underhand, so it might help to check the range for a different kind of throw.

Okay, I looked that up and, of course, it is as you say, but no rationale is given for taking a warm-up to a base at all. I have never noticed any pitcher taking a warm-up to first base, but then I'm never in the ballpark, and we never see the warm-ups on the tube. I will venture a guess as to the purpose, though. Usually a throw to a base is overhand, whereas a pitch is underhand, so it might help to check the range for a different kind of throw.
What?? 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♂️ This gets to be weirder and weirder.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Jami posted some instagram photos and in one of them Amanda Ahlin’s right knee was in a brace from mid-shin to thigh. Knee surgery I assume? Anyone with any news? If it was surgery I wish her a healthy recovery. At least with Faw and Mealer we have some IF depth but Amanda is a nice utility player. Zaida shoulder surgery, Mackenzie surgery on both feet, and Des, Gracie, and Taylor coming back from injury and surgeries last year. Our IF needs a break, please put a protective bubble around Boo.
Torn ACL for Amanda

When did that happen? Hope it doesn't slow her down on the basepaths. BTW I just checked, and D1 Softball is still showing no transfer destinations for Mesusan and Mosely. I find that odd and wonder if they can still find a home with the LVs.
I remember reading that Mesusan has committed to ETSU

Reactions: Hoosier
When did that happen? Hope it doesn't slow her down on the basepaths. BTW I just checked, and D1 Softball is still showing no transfer destinations for Mesusan and Mosely. I find that odd and wonder if they can still find a home with the LVs.
Mesusan will be at ETSU as she’s already connecting with girls on the team. I dont see them announcing anything as the head coach hasn’t officially taken the job yet.

Did it while she was at home during the summer, but I am sure at least one person on here will blame our strength and conditioning program anyway.

Seems Charli Orsini got a NIL deal with Athlete's Dream:

Welcoming Charli Orsini to Team AD! 🙌

“Current pitcher entering her Sophomore year for NCAA D1 University of Tennessee Knoxville softball program, Charli Orsini's social media content and bubbly personality are a welcome addition to Team AD! Make no mistake, while that smile may be infectious, Charli is a competitive strike out Queen who has pitched before thousands of fans at the NCAA College Softball World Series, and whose influence and already extensive college experience will help many other aspiring student athletes along their own college journey!”

Seems Charli Orsini got a NIL deal with Athlete's Dream:

Welcoming Charli Orsini to Team AD! 🙌

“Current pitcher entering her Sophomore year for NCAA D1 University of Tennessee Knoxville softball program, Charli Orsini's social media content and bubbly personality are a welcome addition to Team AD! Make no mistake, while that smile may be infectious, Charli is a competitive strike out Queen who has pitched before thousands of fans at the NCAA College Softball World Series, and whose influence and already extensive college experience will help many other aspiring student athletes along their own college journey!”

Ha: that's classic marketing. Fan: "Hmmm: I don't recall Orsini pitching much at all last year." Hype Sheet: "a strike out queen who has pitched before thousands at the NCAA Softball World Series!"

they are making a legitimate reaction to the trajectory of the ball after it is thrown.

I can see this one becoming controversial right away. If obstruction is called on my player I am going to argue every time that my player was simply adjusting to the incoming throw and not trying to block the base. Guess it will be a replay call.

Just see how that goes. The pumps interpretation is always a little sketchy to begin with depending on the team. They will screw up way more than they get correct. The rule is garbage.

Recent recruiting rumor. I thought I seen someone on here mention Ana Roman is one of the best 2025 in the country. I was told this week that TN is in her top 4 because of her ties to Pannell. Another 2025 rumor is Linton has TN as her front runner. Haven’t seen her pitch but I was told very comparable to Pickens a lot of potential but never transferred into a dominant pitcher at any level

VN Store

Back