Tennessee Softball 2023

Bella is definitely our best SS. Very smooth for a freshman. She’s also had a couple of hits thus far. Laura can play there as well and has some extra base hits including a HR thus far. I think Karen will make use of both of them. I just hope Zaida is ready by start of season. If not, Taylor has 3B covered until she is ready.
Bottom line for me is if you can hit then you play. Thats the way i coached for many many many years!!

Bottom line for me is if you can hit then you play. Thats the way i coached for many many many years!!
She was a superior hitter in high school don't know how that relates to college ball. I guess it depends on the type of competition she was hitting against. The fact that she was number five players in her class says she should be elite. I'd like to see a super defensive player like her get a big opportunity to start and see if she can do the job.

She was a superior hitter in high school don't know how that relates to college ball. I guess it depends on the type of competition she was hitting against. The fact that she was number five players in her class says she should be elite. I'd like to see a super defensive player like her get a big opportunity to start and see if she can do the job.
Absolutely!!!

Great seeing the girls celebrate their SEC regular season and tourney championships in front of the Neyland crowd! I’m sure that was exciting for them. So glad to see Ashley holding that trophy!

Last two tuneups tomorrow before Duke & NC State next week. A couple of folks asked me and here is what I found. Lake Land College is out of Mattoon, IL and a NJCAA school. They were 50-12 and ranked 17th in the JUCO rankings. King University out of Bristol, TN is D2 and was 36-24.

Should handle each easily but at least they have a pulse. I figure we’ll see 2 of our pitchers each game like last Saturday vs CN and GA St.

Lineup vs Lake Land College:
CF Kiki
LF A Leach
1B Boo
DP Sophia
2B Mackenzie
3B Taylor
SS Bella
RF Katie
C G
P Payton

15-0 LVs Payton (4ip) and Charli (4ip) dominant. I think Charli our #3. Bella 2 hits 2 rbi, Boo 2B and 2 rbi, G 2B and 4 rbi, Mackenzie 2B and 2 rbi, Kiki 2 run HR, Taylor, Bella, Mackenzie look good around the horn, each started a Double Play

Last edited:
CF Kiki
LF A Leach
1B Boo
DP Sophia
2B Mackenzie
3B Taylor
SS Bella
RF Katie
C G
P Payton

15-0 LVs Payton (4ip) and Charli (4ip) dominant. I think Charli our #3. Bella 2 hits 2 rbi, Boo 2B and 2 rbi, G 2B and 4 rbi, Mackenzie 2B and 2 rbi, Kiki 2 run HR, Taylor, Bella, Mackenzie look good around the horn, each started a Double Play
Thank you so much...

Reactions: TouchOfGrey
CF Kiki
LF A Leach
1B Boo
DP Sophia
2B Mackenzie
3B Taylor
SS Bella
RF Katie
C G
P Payton

Does Charli look improved?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
September 1 tomorrow, calls and offers for in-state kids

Elsa Morrison will be a midnight offer -best in-state/local recruit ever in any position. You lose her regardless of who you get it’ll be disappointing. It’ll be hard on Karen as she believes she would started there last year.

Take one but not both, better pitcher is Plumlee
Kailey Plumlee - LHP
Addisyn Linton- LHP

Brinli Bain - C (no need if you get Elsa)

McCall Sims - OF

Anna Brewer - RHP- is a maybe - slow play depending on how it shakes out

I’m sure I missed a few these are just my quick hits.
McCall Sims Martin, TN commits. Solid OF, played for Unity now with Sparks after the bust up.

Tennessee is doing a good job this year of keeping in-state kids home. Got the best of each in pitching, catching and OF.

McCall Sims Martin, TN commits. Solid OF, played for Unity now with Sparks after the bust up.

Tennessee is doing a good job this year of keeping in-state kids home. Got the best of each in pitching, catching and OF.
McCall is also first cousins with Haylen Ayers, elite 2027 guard and is also as good at softball as she is at basketball

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back