Tennessee moves up to No. 5 in this week's AP Poll

Duke won’t even win the NCAA Tournament.

Plenty of talent but also very young.

At least our guys are experienced and have been through this before.

Duke will get rattled and their youth exposed as a liability just like KY Saturday by a team of veterans. I hope we get to play them!

Reactions: hbreaze
33 points behind Duke. I wish we could play them.

Edit: Hell, we're only 62 points behind UNC. I wish we could play them too.

It's becoming like football rankings at the end of the week. The 3/4 play each other, and the 7/9 play each other.

If Tennessee wins out this week, we will guarantee to move to either 3 or 4 . LSU would be guarantee an 8/9 spot if they win out.

Kentucky would probably stay at the same position or move 1 spot.

Best scenario would be:
3. Tennessee
5. Kentucky
8. LSU

With 3 losses and and 2 of them being TOP 8 teams.. the commitee has to STRONGLY look at us for a number 1 seed.

Look i hate that Duke gets all this love. But im not so sure i want any of them when they are at full strength. Zion is to quick for anyone on our team to stop him. Play zone and hope they are cold is all you can do. They are really good whether we are 5th or 10th this poll doesn't matter. Head to head we probably go 5 and 5 in 10 against them. But a sudden death go home game i would be really nervous.

I really hope the SEC big 3 can man up and make some noise in the big dance. Kentucky is a blue blood and are gonna get some love regardless. Best case for the SEC is a barn burner of an SEC title game between Tennessee and LSU.
GBO!!

Man these clowns love them some Dook. How many games do they have to get before falling out of the top 5?

Reactions: UTSuave’
It’s pretty rare to move ahead of teams that didn’t lose. I didn’t expect to be ahead of UNC

omg yes the acc love is real. we should be above both of them imho. however, rankings mean nothing really.

Hard to see how anyone has us ranked outside the top 5, I expected 5th, was hoping for 4th, and can see a strong case for 3rd. It seems like the voters are giving more preference to strength of schedule than wins except for Gonzaga. Zags are always going to be an issue since they are a mid major.....once conference schedules start you have a hard time truly placing them. The love for Duke and "voters understanding" the Zion out factor are amazing. I guarantee if Williams or Bone were out we would get zero "understanding" from anyone.

I think if we win our last 2 regular season games and make the SEC tournament championship we likely finish #2, no worse than 3rd heading into the tournament. Alot can happen in the ACC the next 2 weeks that would allow us to move up. We've got to win our next 4 regardless if we want to stay at or near the top. I think we do it and head into the tournament as the #1 Overall seed and #1 team in the country. I think all three ACC teams lose at least one more game before we lose again.

Can someone please explain to me how a 24-5 North Carolina squad is two spots higher than UT when we are 26-3? Vols have lost two games in overtime (both away from home) and at Kentucky. All three teams we lost to were ranked in the top 15.
North Carolina has home losses to Texas (unranked - 3pt loss), Kentucky (8pt loss), Louisville (21pt loss), and Virginia (8 pt loss) and a complete beatdown by Michigan on the road (17 pt loss). That's 4 home losses - TN is undefeated at home.
If your name is Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, or North Carolina, you automatically get a top 10 ranking unless you have more than 6 losses (Kansas has 7 currently and is still ranked #13). I have never seen so much homerism among AP voters since their beloved Big Ten voting block robbed Peyton Manning of the Heisman Trophy...complete and utter BS!

VN Store

Back