Tennessee lost its swagger in recruiting.

JAllen18

VFL
Heard on the radio(think it was Will West and Josh Ward) the other day that we had no swagger left in recruiting. That these coaches are snake bitten and shell shocked and are shying away from offering or communicating with the top prospects,because they think they have no chance with them.

They cited the #1 prospect Green-Beckham, and many of the other top 25 prospects and also mentioned some of the prospects from last year.. Said they did not agree with some of Lane Kiffin's recruiting tactics, but one thing they agreed is that he never "settled" for prospects the way Dooley has.

They also talked about stars and mentioned that while you take a handful or so of 3 and 2 stars. You still need to have the majority of your class to be 4 and 5 stars to compete for championships. They said the way its looking like now, it will soon become like Fulmer's last few years, where TN has a few great players, but never enough quality depth to compete at the end of games and that 8 and 9 wins will be the norm for TN football.

I would welcome 8-9 wins at this point. It would give us something to build off of. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Hard to recruit the top prospects when you are a middle of the pack program like we are.
Gotta crawl before you walk, Dooley and his staff have done an exellent job addressing need and trying to build depth.

If UT can win 8 games this year and 10 the next you will see more of the top tier talents wanting to play for us, until then they will go where the wins are.

Kiffin's swaggering class sure has paid dividends. I'm glad those guys are brilliant enough to enjoy the swagger of a bs class based off ranking numbers, rather than actual players playing ball.

What I think is hilarious is that everyone was praising the staff for the class we finished up with on NSD, but since we've gotten off to our usual slow start in recruiting this year, all the sudden we've lost our "swag" and can't recruit.

Completely ridiculous.

I've been fairly silent on this issue but seriously, when is enough, enough.

We should just disband the team. We'll suck forever.

With the new football facility coming online next year, we should cut our losses now and demolish the entire facility.

We have lost no swagger. We are still in the position of filling holes and immediate needs. We are still in on a number of the top 250 and we'll be fine by the time February rolls around.

Those idiots on the radio are doing nothing more than trying to get a rise out of their listening audience, nothing more. They're probably watching this message board right now to gauge the amount of sh#t they just stirred up.

For the love of God, please stop.

You should listen to a new radio station.

Cause ESPN 1180 with Basilio is soooo much better right?

Lol, Josh and Will have one of the better shows on the air IMO. From 10-3, The Sports Animal is hard to beat. Its just sad that the bookends are as awful as they are in having to listen to Dearstone in the morning and Hyam's in the evening... Brutal

A few 5 and 7 win seasons over a 5 year period will do that. I think the comment is BS, and I think Dooley is correcting the problem.

+1. The '11 class will show how well Dooley recruits. He did about as good of a job as you can do when it comes to filling in needs. Tell me how many programs would finish with a top 12 class after these disastrous last few years....it's rare. This years class was as good as it was gonna get and it exceeded my expectations.

How about we just lock up any subject of recruiting untill......... i don't know hows November sound?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I've been fairly silent on this issue but seriously, when is enough, enough.

We should just disband the team. We'll suck forever.

With the new football facility coming online next year, we should cut our losses now and demolish the entire facility.

We have lost no swagger. We are still in the position of filling holes and immediate needs. We are still in on a number of the top 250 and we'll be fine by the time February rolls around.

Those idiots on the radio are doing nothing more than trying to get a rise out of their listening audience, nothing more. They're probably watching this message board right now to gauge the amount of sh#t they just stirred up.

For the love of God, please stop.

Yep and those idiots read these boards as well. They know how to play into their audience.

Cause ESPN 1180 with Basilio is soooo much better right?

Lol, Josh and Will have one of the better shows on the air IMO. From 10-3, The Sports Animal is hard to beat. Its just sad that the bookends are as awful as they are in having to listen to Dearstone in the morning and Hyam's in the evening... Brutal

The morning show is the worst sports show in the history of sports shows....ever.

I don't mind Hyams and Pennington, they have good guests, I like when Brent is on and the Round Table discussions, basically anytime they have someone else on the show.

BackwardsGun.jpg

They get the topic ideas from the boards. Recruiting tactics are being analyzed daily here. It's not a shock they are now discussing it on radio, since that is all anyone wants to discuss during the off season.

VN Store

Back