Tennessee Legislature......

CagleMtnVol

Thought I would start this thread for any and everything stupid that comes out of Nashville!

Here we go and a Republican started it! Recall this idiot immediately!

How California started down the road of liberalism!

---------------------------------------
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WZTV) - Legislation filed in the Tennessee General Assembly on Monday would make paper and plastic bags items of the past in an effort to protect the environment.

SB 2131 is sponsored by Senator Richard Briggs, a Republican representing District 7 in Knox County.
Under the bill, any bag designed for one time use, such as plastic or paper bags at grocery stores, would be prohibited. The bags would also be prohibited for use by retail or other food service businesses.

Instead, establishments would be allowed to provide customers with a reusable bag. Reusable bags would have to have handles, the ability to be cleaned or disinfected, and is designed for at least 125 uses.
One-time use bags or bags without handles would be allowed for use to prevent food from damaging or contaminating other foods, to contain an unwrapped or hot food item, to deliver newspapers, and for dry cleaning.
If passed, the bill would go into law on January 1, 2021.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Reactions: TNVOLNAVY
We've been living a lie!

Link: Tennessee adopts 'The Volunteer State' as official nickname

Tennessee adopts 'The Volunteer State' as official nickname

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — State lawmakers have approved a resolution officially designating Tennessee as "The Volunteer State."

The resolution received unanimous approval from the GOP-controlled House on Monday after receiving the same approval in the GOP-controlled Senate the week before.

Tennessee first became known as "The Volunteer State" during the War of 1812 due to its prominent role of sending 1,500 volunteer soldiers.

Last edited:
School vouchers and school choice is one of the dumbest policies being pushed right now
How is having a choice where your kid goes to school bad? How is letting those, as Biden eloquently stated, "poor kids who are just as bright and talented as White kids", not have an opportunity to go to school outside of their own self created sh!thole neighborhoods?

School vouchers and school choice is one of the dumbest policies being pushed right now
Why? Schools are funded primarily with property taxes. If you’re not getting a return on your investment then you should be able to divert those taxes to somewhere that will benefit you or in this case your children.

Why do you hate children? (Last statement is from the dem/Marxist playbook)

Why? Schools are funded primarily with property taxes. If you’re not getting a return on your investment then you should be able to divert those taxes to somewhere that will benefit you or in this case your children.

Why do you hate children? (Last statement is from the dem/Marxist playbook)
The school voucher program is gonna give money to kids who don’t require it and it will use public funds for private achools

How is having a choice where your kid goes to school bad? How is letting those, as Biden eloquently stated, "poor kids who are just as bright and talented as White kids", not have an opportunity to go to school outside of their own self created sh!thole neighborhoods?
So if a community has county and city schools…currently you have to live in the city or pay tuition. For people who pay both city and county taxes already, they usually do so because of the school systems. So now you allow someone who doesn’t do that bring their kids into a better school…also who determines who gets in and who is left out in regards to the selection process. Not everyone can attend the best schools

I really want to understand this position of being against school choice. If you don't mind, I have some questions. Would appreciate having a straight up discussion.

So if a community has county and city schools…currently you have to live in the city or pay tuition. For people who pay both city and county taxes already, they usually do so because of the school systems. So now you allow someone who doesn’t do that bring their kids into a better school…also who determines who gets in and who is left out in regards to the selection process. Not everyone can attend the best schools

What do you mean by this statement? School taxes are paid by the entire community including businesses. There is no option to pay school taxes, so I assume you have another meaning here.

Again, I'm not following what you mean here and perhaps you can provide an example. Here is my thought: if City A and County B have different school systems. County B has decidedly better outcomes and city parents want their children to attend. They are allocated $13K per child as their pro-rata allocation from the pool of school tax money raised by their taxing authority, so why not allow them to go the County B school with the $10K? The county schools are rewarded for doing a better job.

Additionally, many kids attending public schools have parents who are no where even in the ballpark of paying enough, if any, taxes for the cost of schools.

This is the most puzzling. I know a lot of people who extoll the virtues of their respective school systems. Heck, talking to folks with kids in the schools and most will tell how great their system is. But the scores are going down, down, down no matter how much money is spent. But this statement sounds like well, not everyone can get the best education available so everyone is forced into slop. This is what I'm understanding. Tell me where I'm wrong.

Sincerely, hope you do not take this as an attack. Do not mean it to be. Just want to understand your perspective.

VN Store

Back