Tennessee Lady Vol News

Yeah I was thinking shoved in the corner.. has she ever cut?

May even see her at the 5. Inbounder to trailer three

Yep, she has such a strong build, she needs to use it defensively. She was always trying to guard on the perimeter last season. She’d do better in the post in a very fast paced game. Would allow a true 5 out dribble drive and score/kick offense.

Because she was competing for championships the last 2 years like I said. Paige was national player of the year her freshman year and in the championship game hence more media coverage. Just like Clark the last 2 years. That’s how it works
Phoenix said she wasn’t getting attention until the media push and you said she was so your statement makes it seems she was getting it all the time which she wasn’t

Phoenix said she wasn’t getting attention until the media push and you said she was so your statement makes it seems she was getting it all the time which she wasn’t
It's not like the media just showed up in in Iowa one day and said ooh we're going to promote this 5 ft 10 white girl because it's something to do. They showed up because she was dropping 30 and 40 point games nightly hitting amazing shots and logo jumpers not to mention getting double digit assists with amazing passing on a nightly basis in front of sold out stadiums at home and on the road. If there was nothing to see in Iowa, I guarantee you the media wouldn't have showed up for a girls basketball player.

Yeah I was thinking shoved in the corner.. has she ever cut?
Yes Sara has been used as a cutter. Esp late in the season when they would bring RIckea out high, she had several really nice assists to a cutting Sara. Also Sara attempted to score, and did score, in the post some . Neither Sara nor Jewel were shoved in a corner and forgotten, in spite of the current revisionist narrative.

Last edited:
Good that NIL is opening up for the LVs. Apparently you can be team Vol Club, like Coop, team LVBHC, like Sara and Jill, or both, like Jewel. Would be interesting to know what goes into that decision.
Interesting for sure, now those other sports have basketball players double dipping into the LVBHC.

Interesting for sure, now those other sports have basketball players double dipping into the LVBHC.
That is interesting. I wonder if that option will grandfather out as those bball players graduate after this year. Sounds like all new players will go to the Vol Club and players previously w LVBHC have an option. I am a little surprised existing players can do both but I guess it doesn't hurt anything, except maybe softball and other sports who don't have an option.

And I STILL want to know how Vol Club money is divided out among sports. I've emailed them twice, and I've asked several posters who come on this board with apparently good knowledge of how the VC works. But can't get that one answer. I'd never donate a dime to VC without that answer. I'm not paying for an oil change for Nico's Ferrari.

Last edited:
That is interesting. I wonder if that option will grandfather out as those bball players graduate after this year. Sounds like all new players will go to the Vol Club and players previously w LVBHC have an option. I am a little surprised existing players can do both but I guess it doesn't hurt anything, except maybe softball and other sports who don't have an option.

And I STILL want to know how Vol Club money is divided out among sports. I've emailed them twice, and I've asked several posters who come on this board with apparently good knowledge of how the VC works. But can't get that one answer. I'd never donate a dime to VC without that answer. I'm not paying for an oil change for Nico's Ferrari.
Not a popular opinion here but it could be said the basketball team at this time doesn’t have a superstar to the magnitude of Kiki or Pickens right now.

They definitely don't. Kiki is a first team all-american. Hopefully we do have enough good players to be in the top 25% of the sec. Maybe cooper could be that player over time. I think Latham will end up being an all-sec player at some point too. Jewel bas the potential too.
Not a popular opinion here but it could be said the basketball team at this time doesn’t have a superstar to the magnitude of Kiki or Pickens right n

It's not like the media just showed up in in Iowa one day and said ooh we're going to promote this 5 ft 10 white girl because it's something to do. They showed up because she was dropping 30 and 40 point games nightly hitting amazing shots and logo jumpers not to mention getting double digit assists with amazing passing on a nightly basis in front of sold out stadiums at home and on the road. If there was nothing to see in Iowa, I guarantee you the media wouldn't have showed up for a girls basketball player.
They showed up for her junior and senior year she wasn’t getting that much publicity her freshman and sophomore years that’s all we are saying

Reactions: Smallvol#1
The poor South Carolina fans are having a hard time getting over very few people caring that they won.

Iowa was definitely “America’s Team” this season.

Part of me feels like it’s payback for hanging that “undefeated regular season champions” banner lol. That got LOTS of attention, now their actual undefeated natty has been brushed under the rug with all the talk about Clark.

Media machine has move right on to the WNBA, definitely a different level of coverage for the W already. Used to be you had to become Colombo to figure out when the season tipped! Not anymore lol
Guess this probably answers my question about what happens after "Clark-Mania" comes to an end. Probably a return to status quo.

Reactions: brittannica
It was long ago, but I seem to remember "no one cares" as one of the prices of inevitability in WBB. Almost everyone in the universe outside your immediate fan base is hoping you lose every game. Many actively sports hate you, most find you boring. Sad but true. Take it as a compliment.

Combined with the CC phenom, which is complicated on every level, it was bound to happen to SC. Nothing can take away that record and that natty tho and that's what people will remember.
That IMO is the biggest difference between MCBB and WCBB. On the men's side, you have fans that enjoy watching/discussing other teams besides their own; on the women's side, it's so much more tribal, and anyone who takes interest in other teams/players is automatically accused of being of a troll. That's also why the tournament can't support neutral sites in the early rounds, because no one will watch the games when the home team isn't on the court. Clark kind of changed that with pulling in casual fans, but I doubt they will stick around.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back