Tennessee Lady Vol News

The poor South Carolina fans are having a hard time getting over very few people caring that they won.

Iowa was definitely “America’s Team” this season.

Part of me feels like it’s payback for hanging that “undefeated regular season champions” banner lol. That got LOTS of attention, now their actual undefeated natty has been brushed under the rug with all the talk about Clark.

Media machine has move right on to the WNBA, definitely a different level of coverage for the W already. Used to be you had to become Colombo to figure out when the season tipped! Not anymore lol
It was long ago, but I seem to remember "no one cares" as one of the prices of inevitability in WBB. Almost everyone in the universe outside your immediate fan base is hoping you lose every game. Many actively sports hate you, most find you boring. Sad but true. Take it as a compliment.

Combined with the CC phenom, which is complicated on every level, it was bound to happen to SC. Nothing can take away that record and that natty tho and that's what people will remember.

Don't know the best way to break it to you, Phoenix, but 28,000,000 viewers would disagree.

For the record, I didn't watch it, but, my goodness, those are some comparatively staggering numbers.

Edited to clarify: I attempted to reply to DarkPhoenix's post #9,675, but sometimes my delayed entry into the 21st century gets the best of me.

Last edited:
Don't know the best way to break it to you, Phoenix, but 28,000,000 viewers would disagree.

For the record, I didn't watch it, but, my goodness, those are some comparatively staggering numbers.
I didn’t watch it either and only found out the results when I came online. The media did a good job at promoting and building everything up to get her great numbers.

I didn’t watch it either and only found out the results when I came online. The media did a good job at promoting and building everything up to get her great numbers.
Because it's what the public wanted to see. It wasn't just the media. People came out in droves to watch CC in sports bars and on TV. It's literally their job to show the biggest draw in a sport and what everyone is wanting to see. The game needed that attention too. It helps the sport and everyone in involved.

Because it's what the public wanted to see. It wasn't just the media. People came out in droves to watch CC in sports bars and on TV. It's literally their job to show the biggest draw in a sport and what everyone is wanting to see. The game needed that attention too. It helps the sport and everyone in involved.
She wasn’t that known before the media push, of course she had her fans but she wasn’t really that known before.

The CEO of the WNBA was being interviewed on TV last evening about the popularity of college WBB vs the WNBA etc. when discussing CC she actually listed Rikea with CC, Angel and a couple of others as exciting rookies who will bring eyes to the WNBA. About time Rikea was in that discussion. She may end up the better professional of any of them.

We can agree to disagree.
No. She was literally in the media since high school but when you play that kind of game and have your team competing for a national championship (which didn’t happen until her junior year) then the media attention is rightfully going to increase x a million. You seem a little bitter about it for some reason.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
CC had nowhere near the media hype that Paige had as a freshman it pretty much started these last 2 years for CC
Because she was competing for championships the last 2 years like I said. Paige was national player of the year her freshman year and in the championship game hence more media coverage. Just like Clark the last 2 years. That’s how it works

People repeatedly came back over and over again. Numbers through the roof for their whole season, increasingly so. People liked what they were seeing.

It just hit me that the best way to view Danny White's hiring of Coach Caldwell is best viewed through the "Moneyball" lens. A relatively low cost of buying more wins and creating excitement. I like it so far. lol

Reactions: chuckiepoo

WHAT KIM CALDWELL SAID​

"We welcome Lazaria to the Lady Vol program and are excited about the height and athleticism she brings to our team," Caldwell said. "It's not easy to find someone with her combination of length and ability to play in transition. She really clicked with our team and is fun to be around. I can't wait to have her on the court with us."

She wasn’t that known before the media push, of course she had her fans but she wasn’t really that known before.
She wasn't that well known as though she started draining three pointers from nearly half court and above a 40% clip. Something no other player has ever done. And then the passing ability on top of it is just over the top. Clark was one of the most unique players to ever play in the college game. That's what people paid to see. Hell some of those games have the average ticket prices at over $500 per ticket.

VN Store

Back