Tennessee Lady Vol News

Interesting takes from this interview - Kim and her husband got married in Pigeon Forge and are admirers of the Great Smokey Mtns. She and her two older sisters grew up watching the Lady Vols and rooting for them and Pat Summitt. She may be from West Virginia but she is an East Tennessean at heart.
Love this!

With so many poverty-stricken people being some of the first settlers on our mountains and in our lush valleys, I always thought it was wonderful that the universe saw fit to throw those poor souls in both East Tennessee and West Virginia some of the most gorgeous areas to be. Yeah, it was tough in old-time Appalachia -- still IS for many -- but at least they had that beautiful land. ♥️

Any news on Lady Vols Assistant Coaching position?? If they aren't filled we are not even in the Portal game.

Can you tone down the hyperbolic doomsday portal posts? Clearly the head coach is reaching out and doing her job.

Maybe Kellie should have been doing that instead of leaving it to her assistants.

There is PLENTY of time to work the portal and PLETNY of players that will fit her system.

Any news on Lady Vols Assistant Coaching position?? If they aren't filled we are not even in the Portal game.
IMO those are very legit questions and concerns. I'll bet if the old staff was still in place and they took a vacation this week instead of working the portal, no one would be advising fans to relax and get over it. No question, even in a legit situation like a coaching change time lost right now is concerning. Espec for staff trying to establish brand new contacts.

The one announced assistant, whose name I need to learn, may be the recruiter, not sure. Hope so.

IMO those are very legit questions and concerns. I'll bet if the old staff was still in place and they took a vacation this week instead of working the portal, no one would be advising fans to relax and get over it. No question, even in a legit situation like a coaching change time lost right now is concerning. Espec for staff trying to establish brand new contacts.

The one announced assistant, whose name I need to learn, may be the recruiter, not sure. Hope so.

You don’t need to sub post every one of my posts. You can respond directly. It’s fine. 🤣

Can you tone down the hyperbolic doomsday portal posts? Clearly the head coach is reaching out and doing her job.

Maybe Kellie should have been doing that instead of leaving it to her assistants.

There is PLENTY of time to work the portal and PLETNY of players that will fit her system.
Any timetable on when every post doesn't have to be a defensive faceoff between the old coach and the new one?

Ummm no I wont...

You must not know the answer...

I don't remember where I saw it, but it was a clear indication that Coach Sam was currently working the portal on behalf of the Lady Vols. I'll try to find the reference again and post it here.

Jim

Head coach is handling portal. It’s her system so it makes sense..

Recruiting coordinators are more for building long term HS relationship

I don't remember where I saw it, but it was a clear indication that Coach Sam was currently working the portal on behalf of the Lady Vols. I'll try to find the reference again and post it here.

Jim
Jim, I remember seeing something that made me think Sam may be working the portal for Tennessee, too. Just don't remember where. I just remember thinking either she has the job already, is auditioning for the job, or is just an amazingly generous woman who bleeds orange now and wants to help.

🧡

Jenna Burdette…her right hand. That’s it so far.

Good thing she said is we need to go get some athletes in here, so she knows our flaws from the start.
Sounds like she wants all 15 spots filled makes me think she will take a chance on some younger girls (3+ year eligiblity)

Realistically she needs 3 girls that have 2+ years considering the drop off

Reactions: mcannon1
Maybe I’m not convinced. Maybe a couple but 🤷‍♀️

We need youth tho. Real bad
This roster is filled with players she would play at Marshall, she knows that won’t cut it here, once I see her make some most I’ll know how to feel moving forward. If winning next year is the goal, some players need to go, we can use a few as backups but that’s about it.

Reactions: Deebowbear

VN Store

Back