Tennessee High Schools

I'm a 82 grad of South Pittsburg High School . Wife was a 83 grad oldest daughter a 2009 grad youngest daughter will be a 2015 grad . Same school that Vol great Eddie Moore went to . And former Vandy player in the early 80s Tim Moore went to .

Bearden and West class of 82

Gibbs High School Eagles - Known for our baseball/softball teams of course 05'

My brother played ball at bearden and west around those times. You may know him. Started RB and ran all over AE and their state championship team.

Jefferson County High School Patriots
Aka the fighting George Quarrels
Class of '03

Farragut High School
Class of 89

VFL Bill Bates (I wonder if his kid is any good:eek:lol:). Graduated with his younger sister.

McMinn County High School class of '95

Home of the CHEROKEES

Shazzon Bradley DL at UT in the early 90's

Riverdale H.S. 1976
Home of the "Warriors"
Famous alum is Dennis "Bigfoot" Harrison. Played DE for the Eagles in the late 70's and 80's.

Franklin County High School

Home of the Rebels

Famous alumni are Phil Fulmer, Jeff Hall, and Dina Shore.

Science Hill'98

You have Science Hill to thank for Steve Spurrier. Aubrayo Franklin, who is floating around in the NFL somewhere, as well.

Remember the old ball coach wanted to come to Tennessee, but we did not want him because we ran the Single wing thats one reason he takes jabs at us every chance he gets.

Dyersburg High
Golden Trojans
Jimmy Noonan - A beast - Messed up a knee in a motorcycle accident in offseason and never returned. He was still in UT record books last time I checked for tackles in a season (?). Playing NG late 70s.
Also, Danny Jefferies earlier.

Dresden High School class of 2003
Home of the Lions
Famous people include Lynn Dunn(WNBA coach indiana)
Ron "Popeye" Jones-NBA

Dobyns Bennett class of 88

Dobyns-Bennett has a long tradition of excellence in sports. The boys basketball team is the winningest basketball program in the country with over 2100 wins. The Baseball program is the 3rd winningest program in the country and the football team is the winningest football program in the state of Tennessee. Also longtime baseball coach Mike Ritz and longtime basketball coach Buck van Huss both rank in the top ten in wins in the country in their respective sports.[5]
Thanks in part to the school's long history, in January 2007, a boys basketball team's victory made Dobyns-Bennett the first basketball program—high school, college or professional—in the country to win 2,000 games.

Reactions: 1 person
McGavock '06, Nashville.

Dwayne The Rock Johnson

Funny you mentioned that. My dad and I had this conversation the other day. Played a Freshman football game against McGavock in 1987. They had this RB/LB that was freaking insane. I know he was there around that time. It took about 5-6 of us to bring him down on every play.

JELLICO HIGH
CLASS OF 2007
Jellico Blue Devils

Played 4 years and started on offense and defense.
RB WR QB LB and DB

Jellico has struggled for many years....

VN Store

Back