Tennessee has real momentum this spring

Pushes? Why would it need to push him? Is he not going without it?

So Jones has nothing to do with something he is creating?

My response has nothng to do with Butch but with the Program as a whole, Butch wouldn't be considered a lame duck coach with a subpar year if recruiting is solid and giving the program momentum without results on the field, at least in the eyes of the players coming to Tennessee.

You are taking your hate for Butch a little far if you can't see a positive in recruiting even without results on the field...It shows faith in the program as a whole and Butch is connected to that!!!!:)

Reactions: 1 person
Some were I'm sure.

Others understood that while 5-0 looked good it wouldn't hold up given the football that had been played.

It didn't.
Pretty sure no one thought 5-0 would hold up. We had at least seven more games to play.

My response has nothng to do with Butch but with the Program as a whole, Butch wouldn't be considered a lame duck coach with a subpar year if recruiting is solid and giving the program momentum without results on the field, at least in the eyes of the players coming to Tennessee.

You are taking your hate for Butch a little far if you can't see a positive in recruiting even without results on the field...It shows faith in the program as a whole and Butch is connected to that!!!!:)

Jones is better than Dooley. Didn't hate him either.

A positive in recruiting? You can see positive in recruiting just the same as saying 14' and 15' were great classes and this one is off to a good start verbally. But also realize it doesn't mean much without the results in the end.

A positive in recruiting? You can see positive in recruiting just the same as saying 14' and 15' were great classes and this one is off to a good start verbally. But also realize it doesn't mean much without the results in the end.

You are twisting the entire conversation. I am simply saying that if Tennessee is still recruiting well without the end results on the field it definitely shows momentum from the program as a whole! That is a positive for the Program as a whole who is lead by Butch Jones.

You can twist it all you want but the fact is the program lead by Butch Jones is creating Momentum even without the production on the field and it will more than likely allow Butch to maintain his job even with Subpar results on the field.

The momentum is there no matter what your perception of the the situation is. That is what the original comment was and nothing more.

Your hate for Butch is apparent to everyone but you!!!

I choose to support the Volunteers, and Butch Jones is a Volunteer currently so I support him. I do not hate Josh Smith everytime he drops a pass, I don't hate the OL for allowing a sack, I don't hate the defense for allowing a score, and I don't hate Butch Jones for every mistake he makes. Can they all do better? Yes of course they can!

I can see a lot of positives with the Tennessee Football Program, but seriously your hate is blinding you!:)

You are twisting the entire conversation. I am simply saying that if Tennessee is still recruiting well without the end results on the field it definitely shows momentum from the program as a whole! That is a positive for the Program as a whole who is lead by Butch Jones.

You can twist it all you want but the fact is the program lead by Butch Jones is creating Momentum even without the production on the field and it will more than likely allow Butch to maintain his job even with Subpar results on the field.

The momentum is there no matter what your perception of the the situation is. That is what the original comment was and nothing more.

I choose to support the Volunteers, and Butch Jones is a Volunteer currently so I support him. I do not hate Josh Smith everytime he drops a pass, I don't hate the OL for allowing a sack, I don't hate the defense for allowing a score, and I don't hate Butch Jones for every mistake he makes. Can they all do better? Yes of course they can!

I can see a lot of positives with the Tennessee Football Program, but seriously your hate is blinding you!:)

then, what's the point of praising the perception of momentum? while i'll agree that there's things going on that are positive in the program right now, and i have no issue with calling it momentum, at some point, shouldn't that translate to success....ON THE FIELD?

otherwise, who cares? this is where your point fails to make it's mark.

Reactions: 3 people

Your bold is the point and reason for my original comment. The twisting came with all the "hate Jones", "can't see the positives" diarrhea.

A top tier Recruiting class can drive Butch through a sub-par season. 6-6, 7-5.

There comes a point where "allowing him to maintain his job" without hitting paydirt is no longer a "positive" for UT just based off momentum. On the contrary, its still good for Jones because he's still getting paid.

I support UT striving to be what it is capable of. If Jones is able to reach that point, thats fantastic and better for everyone involved. No different than had Dooley or Kiffin found that here. If he can't, there comes a point where its only a positive for him because he's still gonna get paid.:thumbsup:

"Results on the field" are some of the best Tennessee teams playing some of the best games I've seen in many years. Let's not allow the disappointments to overshadow the great improvements.

If you had fun...you won.

VN Store

Back