Tennessee fan base ranked No. 18 among college sports, No. 185 overall

Not trying to be biased or anything but UT fans are top 5 overall. If not number 1 overall. Easily. Plus name me 17 more college fanbases more passionate? Gtfo. And pro fanbases aren’t usually as passionate as college fanbases anyways.

By what conceivable metric could our fanbase rank behind the likes of Clemson's.

could conceivably be the fabricated metric...:)

PS. writer apparently took a stats class...you know where you can use stats to come out how you want...:):)

GO VOLS!

Idiots don't band together the way UT fans did and stop an athletic administration from making a possibly devastating hire.

Thats exactly what idiots do. Also, why does everyone think that a hissy fit thrown by less than 1% of the number of people it would take to fill our stadium had anything to do with the admin reneging?

Reactions: 1 person
I would argue that Tennessee has the best fans if you look at just how much revenue they generate compared to the on field product. Tennessee and Texas have probably the most loyal fans I’ve seen in the country.

I have South Carolina and Iowa State fans number one & two based on a home attendance per win ratio. We nearly sold out every home game for an 0-11 season in 1999.

You guys did pretty good this year. I'm guessing you had about 700,000 home attendance this year for 4 wins. 175,000 per win is pretty good. However, the Iowa State and Carolina fans have many years of such experiences. :ermm:

Gotta love stupid! And anyone that puts us at #18 has a hard on for the SEC. PROBABLY A BIG 10 HOMER! GTFOWTS! GO VOLS! thats why bowl committee's love TENNESSEE! Because our fans are about 18th when it comes to supporting our team. WTF?

Not going to read the article. I'm tired of reading about how bad our fans are and how bad a coaching job Tennessee has become. Proud of our fans for standing up and proud of my University.

Tennessee has top 5 venues in all the US in the sports that matter that are often sold out or close to it, even with crap teams in place. Nothing says one of the top fanbases more than that.

Tennessee Vol fans are the most demanding in college football.
Period.
Full stop.
Anyone who disagrees is an idiot.

VN Store

Back