Tennessee Drops 5-3 Decision to Mississippi State

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
After falling behind by four in the first four innings, the Tennessee baseball team battled back to bring the tying run to the plate in the bottom of the ninth before Mississippi State was able to finish off the contest and claim the series with a 5-3 victory on Saturday evening at Lindsey Nelson Stadium.

More...

Discuss.

TR is unfortunate in that.... he can't recruit............., or Coach up the "talent' he gets. Poor attributes for a Head Coach.

our university president needs to man up and fire hamilton.

we do not need to let this idiot make the next baseball hire.

You've got to pay to play, MH. You and your small circle of big bucks boosters made it about the money. So to put tails in seats in baseball you have to open the pocketbook and pay for a legitimate name coach that will view Knoxville as a destination dream job. Otherwise expect to lose support for baseball from the fan base.

You've got to pay to play, MH. You and your small circle of big bucks boosters made it about the money. So to put tails in seats in baseball you have to open the pocketbook and pay for a legitimate name coach that will view Knoxville as a destination dream job. Otherwise expect to lose support for baseball from the fan base.

What? I thought hiring a cheap piece of crap would have been a hell of an idea?!? You're spot on...Hamilton needs to quit cheaping out on us...or at least find someone who knows what the hell they are doing.

What? I thought hiring a cheap piece of crap would have been a hell of an idea?!? You're spot on...Hamilton needs to quit cheaping out on us...or at least find someone who knows what the hell they are doing.

Hamilton had money when the Raleigh hire was made. Pearl and Dooley were small school guys that were both happy to get the opportunity at TN and a reasonable raise. KIffin was hired despite never having won anything, and being unemployed at the time. Just can't see Hamilton changing his m.o. and opening the checkbook for a proven commodity. He's a bargain shopper, not a name brand guy.

I was just reading the story about the planned luxury boxes for baseball. Hamilton was quoted as saying that Ark. and LSU were getting 25-35k per season for their boxes. Somehow, Hamilton keeps convincing donors to think "long term" and paying for upgrades and improvements, despite the current state of affairs. Hope springs eternal I guess. The idea of spending that kind of $$ to watch the product that is currently on the field is unfathomable to me. But, if you can sell a few boxes and put some donor's name on a gate, or a bathroom, or a concession stand, the butts in the general admission seats don't matter.

As long as the revenue from ticket sales and fan based products grow...then Hammy is doing his job. And I would expect to see continued improvements to many sports facilities, designed to generate additional revenue.

Tennessee is lucky, as it has a rabid fan base....bit*h and moan all day, but the fans continue to buy the tickets.

Fans have power to send the message...but at UT, they will never exercise that option.

UT fans HAVE to continue to support their athletic programs no matter who the AD is. It's the president's job to see that the AD is a moron and has placed UT athletics with the ranks of mediocre performance since he arrived.

by not supporting UT athletics because of the AD is punishing to the student athletes. not to mention it's hard to convince high school athletes to come play for a program where the fans do not fully support their teams.

It's not their fault our AD sucks. If our president and board of trustees care anything about our university and student athletes they will replace Hamilton before he continues to ruin the face of our department

UT fans HAVE to continue to support their athletic programs no matter who the AD is. It's the president's job to see that the AD is a moron and has placed UT athletics with the ranks of mediocre performance since he arrived.

by not supporting UT athletics because of the AD is punishing to the student athletes. not to mention it's hard to convince high school athletes to come play for a program where the fans do not fully support their teams.

It's not their fault our AD sucks. If our president and board of trustees care anything about our university and student athletes they will replace Hamilton before he continues to ruin the face of our department

to blindly go to games could be construed as mindless support for the status quo (see Cub fans)

Other than on internet sites and talk radio, how would an AD who obviously pays no attention to baseball know we did not like how the program is going. We no that Mike Hamilton did not care about W-L in 2010 and had no idea that the outlook for 2011 was even worse as Todd was signing every small high school star from Southeast Tennessee last year.

Sure I feel for the players. They pay or borrow a lot of money to attend UT and be coached by an illiterate ogre. Me being in a seat would only make the ogre think I was on his side.

VN Store

Back