Tennessee by 15 over Vandy?

Who remembers this old saw from the wayback machine... "Vandy has enlarged Dudley Field... they've added 27 new exits!" BTW, some of you youngsters won't even be able to decipher this.

The good old days.

I don't think Vandy will score 14. I think UT will pump their offensive stats and score over 40.

UT and particularly JG just torched what were the SEC's two best pass D's. UK is still the SEC's best pass D both in all games and vs the SEC. Vandy is 12th in pass D in all games and 8th vs the SEC.

Compounding this for them.... they have the worst O in the SEC by more than 50 yds per game. Their best play would be to keep UT off the field. I don't think they can.

Against the SEC they are worst or near worst in virtually every offensive stat. They don't stay on the field averaging an SEC worst .98 first downs per drive... second worst is Arkansas at 1.23. LSU is best with 1.72. They go 3 and out over 34% of the time. They have the lowest yards per play, yds per rush, and yds per pass.
They were missing three of their best players I think.

They were missing three of their best players I think.
Who? Vandy? If so, they were missing all year? Everyone has injuries.

Injuries can be managed but that's on the coaches to a large degree. Jones seldom left fall camp without missing key contributors. Injuries usually piled up as the season progressed. Pruitt seems to have considerably fewer injuries. Injuries cannot be avoided altogether but are to an extent a product of the way a team is coached and developed mentally/physically.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Who? Vandy? If so, they were missing all year? Everyone has injuries.

Injuries can be managed but that's on the coaches to a large degree. Jones seldom left fall camp without missing key contributors. Injuries usually piled up as the season progressed. Pruitt seems to have considerably fewer injuries. Injuries cannot be avoided altogether but are to an extent a product of the way a team is coached and developed mentally/physically.

No I was responding to the comments on here about Missouri unless I misread.

No I was responding to the comments on here about Missouri unless I misread.
The LB who was missing for Mizzou was replaced by the guy who clocked JJ and basically showed up all over the field. The missing CB wouldn't have been the critical difference. Albert O is a good player but would not have radically changed anything for them.

But I guess my major point would be that UT has had to cover for missing players. Everyone does. If you don't prepare your players or develop enough depth then that's on you. If we're going to get into the "what ifs" of injuries then "what if" Solomon had not been hurt for this game? What if the two FR OL's hadn't been hampered recently by injuries? What if Gooden hadn't gotten hurt in camp? Henry T is playing hurt. UT has had a few contributors in the secondary hurt.

By this point in the season everyone is missing guys and trying to figure out how to win without them.

I tend to think a coach who does what Pruitt did in that post-game interview... will keep his team humble enough to prepare well for Vandy. That's especially true since Pruitt probably feels like he owes Mason one after last year.

I hope you are right.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
The LB who was missing for Mizzou was replaced by the guy who clocked JJ and basically showed up all over the field. The missing CB wouldn't have been the critical difference. Albert O is a good player but would not have radically changed anything for them.

But I guess my major point would be that UT has had to cover for missing players. Everyone does. If you don't prepare your players or develop enough depth then that's on you. If we're going to get into the "what ifs" of injuries then "what if" Solomon had not been hurt for this game? What if the two FR OL's hadn't been hampered recently by injuries? What if Gooden hadn't gotten hurt in camp? Henry T is playing hurt. UT has had a few contributors in the secondary hurt.

By this point in the season everyone is missing guys and trying to figure out how to win without them.
Yeah I thought of that... I think my point was just to say we can’t compare how Missouri played with anyone because we played different guys. I thought that was what was said but now I don’t know the comment that I responded to initially lol.

In the end, each individual match up is just that because of what you just said.

I was at that 65-0 game. Peyton’s freshman year, James “Little Man” Stewart was a man amongst boys, John Becksvoort was automatic 3 from nearly anywhere on the field, and Aaron Hayden was running people over until he broke his leg that game. It was my first UT game in person, I’ll never forget it.
I think Vandy tried to physche us out and pick a fight before the game that year.

Blocked us from going into the tunnel and picked a fistfight. The times were different then. NCAA didn't punish players for ffighting if it happened before or after the game.

Bold Strategy. They lost the fistfight & just got us all worked up to lay an epic beatdown on them.

I think Tennessee wins 35-14 over Vanderbilt

If we don't win by a margin like this and jg is the qb, coaches have got to understand he is not the qb for our future. If we do then continue on with jg. But we should have this game won by half time. But I just have a fear with jg we wont score 30 points offensively. jg hurts our running game greatly because teams stack the line to stop the run, because they do not fear jg passing. We have to stretch the field by being able to complete passes downfield consistantly, then our running game witl improve and so will our scoring.

I was at the 92 game..it was cold and the stadium was empty, but it was fun watching Vandy get curb stomped.

Was that the year that Dale Carter ran through thier warmups taunting them pregame on his way to the tunnel?

With 45 as our max output so far this year my desire for half a hundred might be a stretch considering the weather,
I just hope if our backups are in we continue to run our offense and defense
Go Vols beat Andy

If we don't win by a margin like this and jg is the qb, coaches have got to understand he is not the qb for our future. If we do then continue on with jg. But we should have this game won by half time. But I just have a fear with jg we wont score 30 points offensively. jg hurts our running game greatly because teams stack the line to stop the run, because they do not fear jg passing. We have to stretch the field by being able to complete passes downfield consistantly, then our running game witl improve and so will our scoring.

Just stop. You sound ridiculous.

VN Store

Back