Tennessee Basketball: The coaching search

Are you all not concerned that hiring a Frank is going to end with another coach jumping ship to rejoin the NBA ranks? I think our school and fans are extremely weary of the coaching carousel the past 5 years.

Are you all not concerned that hiring a Frank is going to end with another coach jumping ship to rejoin the NBA ranks? I think our school and fans are extremely weary of the coaching carousel the past 5 years.

Count me as part of this camp. The drama surrounding UT men's athletics has been exhausting to say the least. Thanks a lot, Mike Hamilton.

I don't know enough about any of these candidates to say which I like the best, but I do know this:

Pearl was a salesman who could coach. I'd like a coach who can also sell.

I think someone with the ability to get players, recruits, and fans excited about what's going on is pretty important at a place like Tennessee. So the coach we hire needs to have that skill. I worry that we'll get someone with the personality of a rock -- just because it's the opposite of what Coach Pearl was. I don't think someone like that will do well here.

I think one of the god things about losing Pearl (although it sucks he's gone) is that Hammy knows he MUST make the right hire or he's out. This could work to the programs benefit and really boost men's BB. Frank would be a helluva choice and lets hope it happens.

Either way, the program should land a good coach. Whoever it is will have a tough start, but a good coach will be able to get through it and survive.

Was that on purpose?:ermm:

I don't know enough about any of these candidates to say which I like the best, but I do know this:

Pearl was a salesman who could coach. I'd like a coach who can also sell.

I think someone with the ability to get players, recruits, and fans excited about what's going on is pretty important at a place like Tennessee. So the coach we hire needs to have that skill. I worry that we'll get someone with the personality of a rock -- just because it's the opposite of what Coach Pearl was. I don't think someone like that will do well here.

Frank Martin is the man.

VN Store

Back