Tennessee at Ole Miss Game 3 Thread - 2:30 PM - SECN/ESPN3

It just hit me today how our conference record is skewed due to the fact that we have played 75% of our games on the road. We are in actuality only one game behind the standard SEC formula for .500 ball: Win at home, avoid sweeps on the road. We have avoided sweeps at Florida and at Vandy, two top 5 teams. We lost 2 games to our getting swept by UGa, but were able to get one back this weekend in Oxford. All in all, that's pretty good considering people have been discussing whether we should fire Serrano. Obviously, its way to early to start asking off work for Supers, but it's not as bad as it looks on paper.

This team still has holes and a long way to go but anyone talking about firing Serrano at this point, should not be taken seriously!!

Reactions: 1 person
This team still has holes and a long way to go but anyone talking about firing Serrano at this point, should not be taken seriously!!

Nice weekend for the diamond Vols. Your post sums up my feelings on the yr so far and my feeling for the patience we/fans should have for CDS.

True. UGA Weekend was only disaster. We can make it up.

EXACTLY what I was thinking.

The only series that did not play to Hoyle was that UGA series. We took 1 win at Florida and Vanderbilt which is EXACTLY what every SEC coach would set as their goal and baseline.

That horrible series at home against a terrible UGA team grates terribly on me as maybe I'm guilty of viewing baseball like football like so many trolls that pass through here do.

for the Vols to make the post season (especially the NCAA) they'll simply have to make up for 2 of those losses.

1 of the win in Oxford may qualify as one of those makeups.

The weather for this week's Thursday and Friday games looks terrible at this time (especially Friday) Saturday looks good so I expect a double header. For whatever reason, they will not be allowed to play on Sunday unless rules are changed.

VN Store

Back