Tee Martin: Getting Attention From Jon G’s Raiders and Others

Only a FEW are Head Coach Material. Only 2% of all the assistant coaches become Head Coaches. Do you own summations regarding Tee.

This place is starting to remind me of talking to an ole senile person who brings up the same topic over and over but never really grasp the true facts....I hope Tee goes on to win a Super bowl someday as a HC. But he’s got a lot of proving to do before he’s even close to ready....LET THIS THING GOOD.....

Reactions: 2 people
Somebody down here in Malebolgia suggested Tee might be in line for the Kentucky job in 1/2 years. I still think TN should have reached out to Mark Stoops.

Why do we give a tinkers damn about what Tee Martin is doing or going to do???? :mf_surrender:

Reactions: 8 people
I’ve heard that if you interview someone for HC with no intention of hiring them at that position, you’re hurting their career. :)
Even before Pruitt knocked it out of the park in his interview and early recruiting, his resume (and the other finalists) far outshone Tee’s. You don’t hire someone that couldn’t nab the Georgia Southern job out of pure gratitude for his playing career. University of Houston did that with Clyde Drexler...failed. Fulmer didn’t pine for the AD job to hire one of his buddies...that gets you fired.

Maybe not but if the man won you a national championship at quarterback you would think you would give him an interview for the public to see.

That doesn’t get you fired. But who knows, maybe my discombobulator has stopped combobulating.

No way is Tee ready. No way. But interviewing him for any position to promote his career would have been the right thing to do.

To all of you shallow minded blinder know it alls that think this thread was about anything else, I’m glad you’re not calling plays.

“Jeremy Pruitt is better!” - Sherlock Holmes

So why no formal interview with Tennessee? Is it Peyton? I doubt it. Has something transpired somewhere along the way to seriously sour his relationship with UT?

What would we have to talk about if he, Peerless, Al, Leonard, Travis and others hadn’t taken us to the promise land in ‘98?

Because he's nowhere near ready to be a HC at a traditional, big time power 5 program. He's not even OC level for our program.

What is it with all our fans thinking that just because someone balled out for UT that it is a qualifier for being a HC here

Reactions: 1 person
Maybe not but if the man won you a national championship at quarterback you would think you would give him an interview for the public to see.

That doesn’t get you fired. But who knows, maybe my discombobulator has stopped combobulating.

Fulmer had a job to do and it got done. “Public” wanted this thing over. Tee should have received a sham interview for public consumption? That’s mealy mouthed AD 101...thought we fired that?

Reactions: 4 people

That's terrible reasoning to give an interview. You don't give a courtesy interview unless you already know who you're going to hire. Don't even understand "the public to see" comment

Tee broke a cardinal unwritten rule and openly criticized UT for not interviewing him.

Of course, he also stated he had no intention of considering the OC position. Fine, but you aren't above OC at UT.

IMO, there's been too much friction between Tee and UT. Maybe it isn't his fault but it's still there.

I hope he does well at USC. Now, there is no mystery about who is OC and who is calling plays. It's Tee's show.

Tee broke a cardinal unwritten rule and openly criticized UT for not interviewing him.

Of course, he also stated he had no intention of considering the OC position. Fine, but you aren't above OC at UT.

IMO, there's been too much friction between Tee and UT. Maybe it isn't his fault but it's still there.

I hope he does well at USC. Now, there is no mystery about who is OC and who is calling plays. It's Tee's show.
Maybe so but that's not the reason he's not HC. He's not qualified to be HC and that's why he didn't get an interview

Reactions: 1 person
So why no formal interview with Tennessee? Is it Peyton? I doubt it. Has something transpired somewhere along the way to seriously sour his relationship with UT?

What would we have to talk about if he, Peerless, Al, Leonard, Travis and others hadn’t taken us to the promise land in ‘98?

Remember years ago while Tee was with Steelers he was banned from *UT sidelines. Something about money sent to his mother to do transmission repair on vehicles. NCAA violation.

Has not a damn thing to do with it. He isn't qualified AND, he has a suitcase strapped around his neck that will keep him out of Knoxville until it's gone.

VN Store

Back