Ted Nugent Posts Anti-Semitic Facebook Message About Gun Control

Ted is an idiot but I sure loved his music in the 70s.

Beyonce did a Black Panthers/Black Lives Matter tribute at the Superbowl. Expecting artists to also be astute political observers is a losing battle.

Reactions: 1 person
Ted is an idiot but I sure loved his music in the 70s.

Beyonce did a Black Panthers/Black Lives Matter tribute at the Superbowl. Expecting artists to also be astute political observers is a losing battle.

Is she a dancer or a singer or a combination of nothing?

Better than Eddie?
I assume you are talking about Eddie Van Halen? They both use amplification for a lot of their notes, but EVH is classicly trained (I think). Gonzo can play, but EVH is a far far better technical player.

Believe it or not, he's not even in the Rolling Stone Top 100.

Lindsey Buckingham - 100 Greatest Guitarists | Rolling Stone

(Eddie is #8 though Bio)
Clapton should have been #1. Gilmour #2, and Hendrix #3. Curt Cobain? Really? I didn't know endless raunchy power chords warranted a top 100 guitarist ranking. He shouldn't have even been on the list. And John Mclaughlin at 68? ugh. Where was Steve Morse and Al DiMeola?

That list was ****.

Clapton should have been #1. Gilmour #2, and Hendrix #3. Curt Cobain? Really? I didn't know endless raunchy power chords warranted a top 100 guitarist ranking. He shouldn't have even been on the list. And John Mclaughlin at 68? ugh. Where was Steve Morse and Al DiMeola?

That list was ****.
Agree on Cobain. I'd have Fripp and Clarence White a lot higher.

That list was ****.

I'm not as up on music as others are like Dink or 69, but there's probably a pretty good argument to put Hendrix at #1.

And you honestly think Gilmour over the greats like Chuck Berry and BB King? C'mon, I'd put Carlos Santana in the top ten before Pink Floyd.

I'm not as up on music as others are like Dink or 69, but there's probably a pretty good argument to put Hendrix at #1.

And you honestly think Gilmour over the greats like Chuck Berry and BB King? C'mon, I'd put Carlos Santana in the top ten before Pink Floyd.
Gilmour made his guitar sing.

I assume you are talking about Eddie Van Halen? They both use amplification for a lot of their notes, but EVH is classicly trained (I think). Gonzo can play, but EVH is a far far better technical player.

Ted used amplified driven feedback, but very little signal processing. EVH over processed his sound. Ted wins the comparison of tone.

Gilmour is near the top of the GOAT list of guitar players. What he wrote counts far more than how fast he can play the notes.

I don't see how Hendrix is ever anything other than #1. He created his stuff nearly 50 years ago with minimal technology. He innovated the electric guitar like nobody other than those that invented it.

Don't get me wrong, I love some Pink Floyd, but over Hendrix?

Now I'm not the one that said that. Tbh though Hendrix spot is probably more based on nostalgia than a genuine assessment on his place in history.

Now I'm not the one that said that. Tbh though Hendrix spot is probably more based on nostalgia than a genuine assessment on his place in history.

He did all that in 27 years on Earth. Nostalgia my butt.

BTW, it, great to argue guitarists in the Political Forum. Usually it's political crap that gets dumped in other forums.

I'll defer to you music lovers, but I think a top 10 is pretty subjective IMO.

VN Store

Back