Team Peterman

All this vacillation between wanting different QBs by our fanbase is getting really, really old.

Que sera sera.

Reactions: 1 person
Ouch.. You had to bring up Rusty.. I think it'll be okay. All it will take is Peterman to led us down and score a TD and all will be forgotten.

Agreed.

I have nothing against him and I'd be glad if he's our savior.

That game stinks to high heaven knowing it was ours to lose and Florida was at their lowest. If we start Worley and Driskell doesn't get injured, the boys in orange walk over them. Let's just hope Florida has another poor year. I'm one of the few that probably dislikes Florida more than Alabama and I definitely dislike Muschamp more than Saban. I can't stand that team and the chance to beat em' was right there. I'll gladly help shoulder Peterman if he's the QB when the Vols beat the Gators at Neyland this season.

Lots of people on here will melt if Peterman comes out of fall as the number 2 QB. If he is the starter? Lol at what happens then!
This thread could get nasty.

If Peterman is the QB that gives us the best chance to win. I'm all for him.

If Peterman wins the starting job then I am fine with that. I just want one of the QBs to separate themselves from the others and be named the starter. Then play the full season. I do not want to see multiple QBs being used based on their performance in practice.

This. Don't care who it is, I trust CBJ to play whoever he thinks can give us the best chance to win.

I find it kinda interesting that the 2 QBs that went out to train with that Whitfield QB guru guy are the ones struggling with mechanics and accuracy.

Reactions: 5 people
lol

Like for making me laugh.

I know it was a tough way to start. Still, I feel like we win that game with essentially any other QB. Especially if we didn't injure Driskell. That WR wannabe QB ran all over us.

Peterman wasn't playing defense!

Reactions: 2 people
I find it kinda interesting that the 2 QBs that went out to train with that Whitfield QB guru guy are the ones struggling with mechanics and accuracy.

Yeah and Peterman didn't.. He stayed on campus during break and did 7 on 7 drills with the receivers to work on timing.

That really might have worked in his favor there.

Reactions: 2 people
4/11 5yds 0tds 2ints

Don't know if it's fair to totally dismiss a guy because of around 1 quarter of play. Now that was the most atrocious performance that I've seen in one quarter of play, but maybe he's learned from it. I'm sure no one wishes he could go back and have a redo more than Peterman himself

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
Some people simply cannot compete on game day. He was just as impressive in practice last year as he is this year. He does NOT deserve the benefit of the doubt.

I like him but I'm still traumatized from the game in the swamp. Haven't seen anything that bad on any level of football. 31-17 and it was fairly winnable with even mediocre qb play.

Yeah, would like to see him come out of the shadows and get a chance at a do over and have a great year and erase the nightmares he must have over that Fla. game.

Some people simply cannot compete on game day. He was just as impressive in practice last year as he is this year. He does NOT deserve the benefit of the doubt.

This is the one of the most pathetic comments I have seen on Volnation. I typically don't bother to comment on here. One of CBJ biggest mistakes last season was benching Worley after the Oregon game. To ask a QB to make his first start on the road in the Swamp against, at the time, one of the best defenses in the NCAA was stupid. He performed like anyone else would under the same circumstances. You are a typical fan who expects instant gratification.

Reactions: 13 people
One thing is for sure...the kid has heart.

It would have been easy to pack it in or quit yet he's still out there working hard.

I'll give him credit for taking his beating and rolling up his sleeves to work harder. I have to say I fully expected him to transfer during the off season and I was wrong.

No matter what, the kid decided to stick with the Big Orange and give his all for UT. And I think that more than anything gives him a well deserved second chance.

Reactions: 8 people
What about team Wegzyn? I mean, he hasn't even played a down, so surely he's our savior, right?

Saw him in high school.

Saw him in Gainesville.

I hope to see him again.

99, who would you pick.. Florida boy (Peterman) on our roster. Or Tennessee boy (Staver) on Florida's.

I know who I'm picking.

edit: He left the program. Makes sense. Surprised they ever picked him up.

VN Store

Back