Tax reform

GOP gumming up the tax bill with Obamacare repeal on Senate side. One can only presume they really want to blow the whole thing up. One senator already defected. This is going to end badly...

No, congress and the states can approve an amendment or change to an amendment.
That's what I thought. I don't know where all the talk/fear of a constitutional convention came from. draft/pass a 10% no deduction flat tax on all income sources amendment. done
take your income, add it up, multiply by .1, staple the check on the card and mail it in
then it's up to the congressional crackheads to work within the amount of income the .gov gets.

GOP gumming up the tax bill with Obamacare repeal on Senate side. One can only presume they really want to blow the whole thing up. One senator already defected. This is going to end badly...

Obamacare repeal is the first tax reform we need. That and social security.

Social security is a regressive tax that taxes the poor at a higher rate than the wealthy and Obamacare fines people for being unable to afford insurance. It's sickening that dems support this crap

Obamacare repeal is the first tax reform we need. That and social security.

Social security is a regressive tax that taxes the poor at a higher rate than the wealthy and Obamacare fines people for being unable to afford insurance. It's sickening that dems support this crap
not to worry. they will means test SS, so those paid the most will never see a penny of it.

oh, and how are the poor taxed at a higher 'rate'?

Last edited:
not to worry. they will means test SS, so those paid the most will never see a penny of it.

oh, and how are the poor taxed at a higher 'rate'?

It is capped to where income past a certain amount isn't taxed at all. Meaning the wealthy pay a lower rate than the poor.

Reactions: 1 person
It is capped to where income past a certain amount isn't taxed at all. Meaning the wealthy pay a lower rate than the poor.
That's probably the only right thing they have done with it. Wouldn't surprise me to see that change as well.

VN Store

Back