Tax Plan comparison

As someone who has a degree in Economics from U.T., and who spent 45 years in business, let me give my perspective. What I learned about Economics is that there are several different theories. What will actually happen is anybody's guess. You can't definitively say that if we do "X," then "Y" will surely follow.
Economic forecasting is not totally unlike weather forecasting, or stock market forecasting. They often get a different result than they expect. Think of your economics expert in the same vein as your stock broker or your weatherman, and you will know all you need to know.

Reactions: 3 people
Its impossible to create economic growth without those who invest getting rich. If Democrats think they can I would like to see it. You tax the rich and they will sit on their cash and the economy will founder like its done for the past 4 years. You can give it a name like "trickle down" if you want but facts don't change. Its not a question IF this works to create growth its the only way to create growth. Anyone who thinks the government increasing taxes on the rich to create construction jobs building infrastructure is not playing with a full deck.

Democrats think they can spur growth by taxing job creators and guilting them and their investors into lowering their profit margins because it's "the right thing to do"...the whole "pay their fair share" mantra. HRC blabbered on about that the other day.

Example time.

Company X makes soup locally in the US. Company Z makes a similar soup for the same price in China. Government thinks Company X isn't paying "their fair share" and increase their taxes. Company X now has to find a way to adjust costs to compensate for their new losses. First comes employee force reduction. Then the always inevitable product price increase comes.

Now Joe Blow walks into the store and sees Company X soup for $3.00 and Company Z soup for $1.50. Average American Joe Blow takes the lower priced product. This trend continues until Company X can find a niche market to turn a profit or goes out of business.

Businesses aren't started to be charities. They are in the..business..of making money.

Is it fair that some businesses seem to pay nothing in taxes? Nope. It isn't fair that I'm not the starting 6' center for the Orlando Magic either. Things being "fair" is something that is intangible and unable to be quantified by anyone, let along morons in DC.

Democrats think they can spur growth by taxing job creators and guilting them and their investors into lowering their profit margins because it's "the right thing to do"...the whole "pay their fair share" mantra. HRC blabbered on about that the other day.

Example time.

Company X makes soup locally in the US. Company Z makes a similar soup for the same price in China. Government thinks Company X isn't paying "their fair share" and increase their taxes. Company X now has to find a way to adjust costs to compensate for their new losses. First comes employee force reduction. Then the always inevitable product price increase comes.

Businesses aren't started to be charities. They are in the..business..of making money.

And this will continue until the democrats try to enact an earnings maximum. They can tax and regulate all they want, but business owners will continue to do what's in their best interest. Cut jobs, increase price, ect to meet their own goals.

At some point, I really do think some democrat will try to pass a bill enacting a maximum earning amount. Set a percentage and anything over that has to go towards extra taxes, employee benefits/pay, ect.

It's pretty much inevitable imo. Democrats continue to throw out arguments using tag words like "unfair, unjust, fair share. At some point they'll just get tired of fighting companies over taxes and instead set an earnings cap. Only a matter of when.

Reactions: 1 person
Lets look at the facts over the past 8 years..

1l Obama raised the top rate for 36% 39.6%a
2. Dividend and Cap Gains from 15% to 20% for top earners
3, Obamacare tax 3.8%

Results.

1. Lowest GDP post recession since WW2
2. Lowest Labor participation rate since Jimmy Carter
3. Highest Welfare roles and Food Stamp participation ever

Horrible outcomes from current tax policy

She want to stay the same course and raise taxes higher.. AND expecting different results...

THIS is NOT HARD

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back