Talk of an alternate helmet?

My two cents: I've always been more of a traditionalist, but I have to say, I love the Smokey Grey unis, and when it comes right down to it, I wouldn't mind seeing an alternate helmet as long as it RETAINS THE ORANGE POWER T (Davey Crockett with rifle looks great on a t-shirt but, PLEASE, NEVER on the helmet, it's busy and looks so hokey). Power T on Black, for example, would look outstanding with the smokey greys.

Reactions: 2 people
My two cents: I've always been more of a traditionalist, but I have to say, I love the Smokey Grey unis, and when it comes right down to it, I wouldn't mind seeing an alternate helmet as long as it RETAINS THE ORANGE POWER T (Davey Crockett with rifle looks great on a t-shirt but, PLEASE, NEVER on the helmet, it's busy and looks so hokey). Power T on Black, for example, would look outstanding with the smokey greys.

Smokey grey helmet with orange stripe, power T and orange face mask would look good. Sure who ever made them could add a more if wanted

Good thing we have you here to follow with bated breath. Now if you could only learn how to quote a post you would be perfect.

First off I was using my phone to reply to your asinine post so sometimes it doesnt work exactly as it should. Secondly, congratulations on adding another useless post to the 70,000 plus you've put forth over the years, you must be proud. I've yet to see one thing from you that adds anything to the conversation, only useless b.s. that you think is cute but is nothing but annoying.
You're nothing more than an aggravating gnat that needs to be swatted.

A question for all of the traditionalists: I wonder what The General would have to say about those "traditional" uniforms you all cling to?

Reactions: 1 person
We will never know. Twitter wasn't as popular in those days.

Nor the internet. But him being a military man he may have gotten to use it.
Now on a more serious note, I like having 1 different uniform and a the idea of a different helmet if done properly to go with said uniform would be a great marketing piece for future recruits. It just needs to be done with style and class.

How about win games??? Leave the damn helmets alone.......

****s getting out of control. How about change the name? Change the mascot? Change the fight songs? Change change change.

How bout win a damn game????

I take it that you also thought "Rocky Top" was some newfangled, hippie garbage back in the late 60s.

Reactions: 2 people
Chill out, Francis.

lighten-up-francis-o.gif

Oh boy.
The 39th version of that one thread!!!!!
...And no, I don't have anything to add..
...And no, I didn't have to open..
..And yes, I'm backing away now...
homer-simpson-backing-up-into-bushes.gif

Two points-

1. It's usually for one game a year.. Nobody is doing away with tradition.. Most like to see something new and exciting every now and then.. But stop acting like we are diverting from tradition because of a uniform tweak here and there. U still have plenty of Orange and White every other game of the season.

2. Players win games.. And the players/recruits love new, exciting uniform changes ever now and then.. I want my team to win so bad that if they wore solid hot pink uniforms every game in order to snag a few elite recruits, I'd be happy..

So in short- get over yourselves.

Team wore hot pink socks when they beat USCe last year. Just sayin'.

I know the traditionals would be upset but I love the gray Hemet black t style
Wouldn't feature much orange but it looks awesome and with field and crowd I think ppl who were opposed would get over it quick
Posted via VolNation Mobile

He would most likely be the biggest supporter of the traditional uniforms.

You think so? Have you ever read about all of the changes he made to almost every part of the game of football? Cleats, tear away jerseys, lightweight pants, sideline communication to press box, etc.

The General was pretty revolutionary.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back