Tailgate question.

We bought a standard car battery w an inverter (not hooked up to the car) that we put on a charger all week and it powers a 47" LCD tv and Direct TV box. We tailgate for 4-5 hours and the battery has never gone out.

We bought a standard car battery w an inverter (not hooked up to the car) that we put on a charger all week and it powers a 47" LCD tv and Direct TV box. We tailgate for 4-5 hours and the battery has never gone out.

You have done something that I have done. I use a deep cycle battery which figure that use is ideal for it . Does car battery do well to ?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

yeah the Honda ones are like $700 to over a thousand. I have a small 1000 watt one that I got online w/ free shipping for less like $150. It works great, and it's not loud at all. I put it in front of the truck anyways and run an extension cord and you don't hear it at all that way. If you're trying to get one for this weekend though you're probably out of luck...

this isn't the exact one that I have, but its from the same website
1200 Watt Portable Generator | www.kotulas.com | Free Shipping

Don't get that cheap 2 cycle engine that sounds like weedeater over riding college football games. You pay for what you get. Got one and was not satisfied then bought the Honda . I think deep cycle battery , good inverter is better because quiet and no gas or engine problems

Last edited:
home depot and lowes rents some machinery. Also sunbelt rental on middlebrook, and NES rentals off western near i-640. you could call about rates.

so we just ran a small TV through our cigarette lighter in my car with a power inverter. So you guys think a car battery with an inverter would work fine? I don't want to spend the $150 on a Duracell powerpack if a car battery will last longer.

VN Store

Back