Sweeping Sexual Assault Suit Filed Against UT

no poll

• Total voters
This is the issue with zero tolerance and absence of common sense.
Everything is a case by case basis. Did Josie express intent earlier and return affection as the act commenced?
Or had she expressed the intent of just being friends.

It's like the stories we read from zero tolerance schools.
The local thug and the boy scout with the Swiss Army Knife are both expelled for the year over the no weapons policy.

At some point, we have to stop with the group condemnation just because the accusations sound severe.
Is there a time limit on the consent?
And if so, what shall it be?
The women I have been with would have gotten rather annoyed had I paused and asked "still sure" every 3 to 5 minutes.

It's a stupid concept anyway. If a person is capable of committing rape, they are more than capable of lying on the subject of consent.

Ok rant over. My apologies.

Reactions: 2 people
Lol "I never saw segregation or racism, so things were all hunky dory. It was just in those evil, moralless cities where it happened."

I don't think the point was all that difficult to comprehend: idealizing the past doesn't actually make it a better time. You remember it as being simpler and "better" because you were young when it happened, news media wasn't as prevalent to point out every little bad thing like nowadays, and because you're less comfortable in the world as it is than in the world you grew up in.

As for all the "family values and morals" talk, whose do you mean? Different people have different views on what exactly those all mean. It seems to me the American was is to take care of your own house and family and leave your neighbors to do the same.

Spoken like a true millennial. All talk and no comprehension.

Reactions: 3 people
This is the issue with zero tolerance and absence of common sense.
Everything is a case by case basis. Did Josie express intent earlier and return affection as the act commenced?
Or had she expressed the intent of just being friends.

It's like the stories we read from zero tolerance schools.
The local thug and the boy scout with the Swiss Army Knife are both expelled for the year over the no weapons policy.

At some point, we have to stop with the group condemnation just because the accusations sound severe.
Is there a time limit on the consent?
And if so, what shall it be?
The women I have been with would have gotten rather annoyed had I paused and asked "still sure" every 3 to 5 minutes.

It's a stupid concept anyway. If a person is capable of committing rape, they are more than capable of lying on the subject of consent.

Ok rant over. My apologies.

LOL.

Like another poster said, if a man's wife is drunk, and they have sex, is it rape? Although somewhat implied, marriage is not a permanent consent for sex. A physical rape can still occur. So, what's the difference here? Besides the obvious of being with someone you trust and are committed to. Can rape still be claimed? If no, then it shouldn't be able to in the other case either, IMO.

Ver well reasoned, point by point response to my reply. Quality responses like this really show how superior your generation is to mine.

You made no points other than to point out how I had experience with the time period and you didn't. For that, I stand on my response. As to people having different values, you made no point whatsoever. There used to be a thing called common decency. It doesn't appear to exist anymore. If you want to encourage your daughters to get drunk and have sex with random guys then don't complain when they have morning a after regrets.

Reactions: 1 person
LOL.

Like another poster said, if a man's wife is drunk, and they have sex, is it rape? Although somewhat implied, marriage is not a permanent consent for sex. A physical rape can still occur. So, what's the difference here? Besides the obvious of being with someone you trust and are committed to. Can rape still be claimed? If no, then it shouldn't be able to in the other case either, IMO.

Exactly.
No really does mean no.
Lack of the actual word yes is not the same.
If two people, uhmmm, are groping zealously :)
There's an implied consent. That can be stopped at anytime with the word "stop".
Sobering up later and wishing it hadn't happened is a different animal all together.

You made no points other than to point out how I had experience with the time period and you didn't. For that, I stand on my response. As to people having different values, you made no point whatsoever. There used to be a thing called common decency. It doesn't appear to exist anymore. If you want to encourage your daughters to get drunk and have sex with random guys then don't complain when they have morning a after regrets.
And I'm willing to bet people said the same thing about "common decency" not existing anymore when you were in high school and those damn kids kept moving their hips to that rock music. It's all relative. There was never a universally-shared "common decency, you're just idealizing the past and misremembering it.

And I'm willing to bet people said the same thing about "common decency" not existing anymore when you were in high school and those damn kids kept moving their hips to that rock music. It's all relative. There was never a universally-shared "common decency, you're just idealizing the past and misremembering it.

Am I misremembering the fact that there were no lawsuits about jiggling butts to rock music that falsely imprisoned males the morning after?

VN Store

Back