Swain saying Randy Shannon to UT. Rumor

ya, just ignore wiki tho...people just edit that to stir up stuff. he is locked in as our dc since this afternoon though. i know for a fact. but if you want more confirmation, i am sure some point tonight on espn there will be breaking news or it will be announced soon. maybe not tomorrow but soon.,

So many people will be pissed if you turn out to be a TROLL. If your full of ****e this board will melt down then there gunna find out where you live roll your house take your computer throw it in a lake and take a dump on your pillow. DON'T BE WRONG!!!!!!!

Reactions: 1 person
Shannon to UT would be a pretty good hire but not a great hire. Not to spoil some of the excitement but Shannon wasnt the be all end all of Miami defenses. He'd be great for recruiting but anyone that's watched more then one Miami game a year can see the drop Miami defenses had from the time when Davis/Schiano were there and Coker/Shannon were there.

Shannon is exactly what this program needs right now.

So many people will be pissed if you turn out to be a TROLL. If your full of ****e this board will melt down then there gunna find out where you live roll your house take your computer throw it in a lake and take a dump on your pillow. DON'T BE WRONG!!!!!!!

Deep breaths. Tomorrow may bring welcomed news.

I'm in wait and see mode. Springbokvol is reporting some contract works being finalized by all parties, which is good. SBV is on his game and reliable. IMO

Shannon to UT would be a pretty good hire but not a great hire. Not to spoil some of the excitement but Shannon wasnt the be all end all of Miami defenses. He'd be great for recruiting but anyone that's watched more then one Miami game a year can see the drop Miami defenses had from the time when Davis/Schiano were there and Coker/Shannon were there.
Completely agree.

He is a big upgrade from JW, but he ain't the main reason why Miami had good defenses.

We can own the Miami recruiting scene with this hire.

Stop.

Shannon is not as well thought of down there as you think. He didn't win at Miami. He has relationships built, but to say you will "own Miami" with the big 3 still there is a bit over the top.

Miami was top 10 in def all but 1 yr he was coordinator. I will take that.

i am 100 % correct. it is always 100% with my family. the only way i am ever wrong is if contract dispute happens like butch davis two years ago, he was a lock until UT got cheap. but shannon is in and he will be our DC.

I'm in wait and see mode. Springbokvol is reporting some contract works being finalized by all parties, which is good. SBV is on his game and reliable. IMO

Contract works for whom? I trust what he says need that info.

Miami was top 10 in def all but 1 yr he was coordinator. I will take that.

I told someone this earlier............he is a good coordinator, but look at the guys he had running the defense in those years. It was an NFL factory at that point. Ed reed, DJ williams, Sean Taylor, etc.....the teams they were playing were nowhere near the talent in the SEC.

Reactions: 1 person
You know this how?

Keyword being "may". Just saying we may not want to sharpen the pitchforks and gas the matresses just yet. I don't have one bit of inside information and don't know anything. The guy that posted about Dooley's left-sided part may be the guy in the "know". I'm not, but hope UT saw the writing on the wall with JW and has a DC hire prepared to stop any further recruits from jumping ship in the short term.

Stop.

Shannon is not as well thought of down there as you think. He didn't win at Miami. He has relationships built, but to say you will "own Miami" with the big 3 still there is a bit over the top.

umm no. shut your face and please leave

shannon is everything UT needs now...VERY well known name, brings in great recruits and puts us in the news again. all the players are hyped. he has a great name down in florida, i agree, he wont own, but definitely will be pulling a lot of florida boys up here, at least more than any other school that is not one of the big three

Stop.

Volnation wouldn't be Volnation w/o the random "nice guy" Gator fan putting us in our place.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back