Surprises and Additions

No I get it.

We have 2 wr's. One has proven he cant catch...very important skill for a wr. The other has proven he can and in front of a crowd that is comparable to a couple of our sec brothers home crowds.

he still has zero career catches. Right now he's Roy Olasimbo playing WR

C Patterson doesn't even have any catches in practice. Nor does Croom or Pig. Do we not think they will make better players than ZR because they haven't played yet?

I am hoping the surprise is a few of the incoming freshman receivers. If we are relying on Carter and Blanc its going to be a long year.

C Patterson doesn't even have any catches in practice. Nor does Croom or Pig. Do we not think they will make better players than ZR because they haven't played yet?

they could be or they could end up being another 5* spotted ape.

He ran a laser timed 4.27 forty today, we will find a way to get that speed on the field.

I've got a lot of guarded optimism about what QW might turn into under somebody like Jay Graham but I really wish there was some rule about not being able to even claim to run a sub-4.3 unless you can also demonstrate something else to give it credence. Just to put a face on it there have been a dozen guys go under 4.3 at the NFL Combine since 2000. That includes unofficial times. CJ Spiller and Stanford Routt were both credited with unofficial 4.27's. This with Routt coming into the combine with a 10.39 100m to his credit and Spiller with a 10.22. QW's best 100m to date is a 10.58.

Please understand I'm not trying to knock on QW. 10.58 is damn fast for a football player. The problem is when insane numbers like sub-4.3 40's start getting thrown around it sets up unrealistic exepctations that we've got some kind of Chris Johnsonesque guy waiting in the wings. That's not fair to the player or the fans. If he can consistently turn the corner and not get caught from behind that'll be plenty enough to keep us all happy. (and I predict that should be the case more often than not with QW, the thought of which makes me happy)

Reactions: 1 person
i heard some good stuff about Fowlkes, i wonder if he's gonna make plays this fall.

On offense I think Young has a solid year in the return game. I also think he will get some touches on offense on screen passes and end arounds.I just hope he can stay healthy.
Another offensive player I think will contribute is D.Bowles. He was very impressive in the army game. I think pig can have a decent year for a freshman too.
On defense I think McNeil has a solid year and will see serious playing time this fall. He may just be the best player from this '12 class. I look for Lathers to stay healthy and have a great year from the ilb position and finish in the top 3 in tackles on the team.

I think UT's secondary will be a surprise this year. From what I can tell from the Spring practices the secondary worked hard at pressing the receivers and making some good plays. It will be great to have Prentiss back at his more natural corner position and Coleman is looking good on the other side. And while Coleman got beat by Da'Rick (probably the best receiver in the SEC this year) in the Spring game he didn't let him get into the end zone and caught him from behind. Add Randolph, Brewer and Moore and the secondary could be very solid next year.

On offense I think Young has a solid year in the return game. I also think he will get some touches on offense on screen passes and end arounds.I just hope he can stay healthy.
Another offensive player I think will contribute is D.Bowles. He was very impressive in the army game. I think pig can have a decent year for a freshman too.
On defense I think McNeil has a solid year and will see serious playing time this fall. He may just be the best player from this '12 class. I look for Lathers to stay healthy and have a great year from the ilb position and finish in the top 3 in tackles on the team.

Not sure if this is a surprise bc he has such a following, but I think DY may have a high impact year in the backfield / slot. Having a speedy jitterbug RB along with the every down guys always seems like a pain to defend. I believe that he can break off some big plays to go along with his ST touches. Glad CDD recruited him.

Reactions: 1 person
SUPRISES AND ADDITIONS wishlist: McCullers comes in SEC ready, Sentimore gets in shape, Patterson passes his classes, all players are academically eligible, Palardy clears the demons in his head, the OL can run and pass block, Da'Rick grows up, Hunter and Lathers return to form, Bray learns how to read and react to defenses.

Dear Santa, I ain't askin for much am I?

Gotta be Justin Worley. Looks much crisper and surer in the pocket He'll be ready if needed this year.

I've got a lot of guarded optimism about what QW might turn into under somebody like Jay Graham but I really wish there was some rule about not being able to even claim to run a sub-4.3 unless you can also demonstrate something else to give it credence. Just to put a face on it there have been a dozen guys go under 4.3 at the NFL Combine since 2000. That includes unofficial times. CJ Spiller and Stanford Routt were both credited with unofficial 4.27's. This with Routt coming into the combine with a 10.39 100m to his credit and Spiller with a 10.22. QW's best 100m to date is a 10.58.

Please understand I'm not trying to knock on QW. 10.58 is damn fast for a football player. The problem is when insane numbers like sub-4.3 40's start getting thrown around it sets up unrealistic exepctations that we've got some kind of Chris Johnsonesque guy waiting in the wings. That's not fair to the player or the fans. If he can consistently turn the corner and not get caught from behind that'll be plenty enough to keep us all happy. (and I predict that should be the case more often than not with QW, the thought of which makes me happy)

Had a guy on my HS team that ran a sub 4.3 fortee. He got a full ride to TCU to play...........track.

Randolph will have a stellar season.....the under radar guy T. Taylor

VN Store

Back