Surprise cuts on your team?

HoptownVol

The Pats had a few, they unloaded 2nd rounder Cyrus Jones after 2 years of frustration, Brandon Bolden is finally gone, Marquis Flowers who had 3.5 sacks last year is gone, and stunningly they kept 4 TEs.

The Raiders cut Martavis Bryant in a shocker, I thought he would be big in this offense. And James Stone is looking for a job again. Man these names are hilarious.

In other news, the Bears terminated Bray's contract and the Saints cut Jumper. Anybody got news on any other UT players?
Cuts tracker: NFL teams finalize 53-player rosters

The Pats had a few, they unloaded 2nd rounder Cyrus Jones after 2 years of frustration, Brandon Bolden is finally gone, Marquis Flowers who had 3.5 sacks last year is gone, and stunningly they kept 4 TEs.

The Raiders cut Martavis Bryant in a shocker, I thought he would be big in this offense. And James Stone is looking for a job again. Man these names are hilarious.

In other news, the Bears terminated Bray's contract and the Saints cut Jumper. Anybody got news on any other UT players?
Cuts tracker: NFL teams finalize 53-player rosters

Martavis getting cut isn’t really surprising:

. The wide receiver is facing a suspension for violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy, sources told ESPN's Dan Graziano.

Bryant ran afoul of the NFL's drug policy at some point this offseason, the sources said, and it was the second violation for the receiver. The suspension could be for a full season, though the appeal process currently underway could shorten it or even eliminate it.

Raiders cut WR Bryant as suspension looms

Did you even read the article you linked? Yes, it is a surprise.
Yeah, Gruden has been making comments all preason extolling Martavis' play. Shocking he was cut after hearing comments like this from Gruden:

He’s got to get out here and play better.

He’s just got to learn the offense. He’s got to stay out here

He’s got to master the offense and become more versatile.

And I am even more shocked of the rumors the since early August that Bryant may have failed a drug test. Who would have ever thought Bryant uses drugs.

Reactions: TrueOrange
I saw where the Steelers cut Kendall Vickers and the Titans cut Ethan Wolf.

And the 49ers cut Moseley

Well crap, I was hoping he'd hang on, Evan Berry was also cut.

All these guys made rosters:
Khalil McKenzie - KC
Alex Ellis - KC
Rashaan Gaulden - Carolina
John Kelly - Rams

I saw another post somewhere that Trevor Daniel was kept on by the Texans. In place of a very solid punter.

VN Store

Back