I’m going with…

Raiders-Bengals
Patriots-Bills
Eagles-Buccaneers
49ers-Cowboys
Steelers
-Chiefs
Cardinals-Rams

I’m sorry, but the “Super” addition to the weekend’s title is just…so stupid. Who decided to rebrand it like that?

I’m sorry, but the “Super” addition to the weekend’s title is just…so stupid. Who decided to rebrand it like that?
*table at NFL HQ*
Marketing executive: “We added an extra Wild Card team in each conference and now have TWO extra games. We need a BIG name for it. Ideas?”
Intern Jimmy: “Ah, SUPER Wild Card Weekend?”
Executive: 👀 “Done. Print t-shirts and hats. Let’s go!”

Reactions: Plecoptera
Any upsets?

Who will you be rooting for?

I’m going with…

Raiders-Bengals
Patriots-Bills
Eagles-Buccaneers
49ers-Cowboys
Steelers
-Chiefs
Cardinals-Rams

So essentially you want the 2nd weekend of the playoffs to be:

Bengals at Bills (didn’t play this year)
Steelers at Titans (Steelers won 19-13. Titans turned the ball over via 3 fumbles and 1 interception.)

Cardinals at Packers (Packers won 24-21. Cardinals threw 2 interceptions and fumbled 1 time)
Cowboys at Buccaneers (Buccaneers won 31-29.)

Reactions: MAD
I HATE the Monday night game. HATE IT. Last year it was so much fun having playoff football from 1-11:30 Saturday and Sunday…and then, you make the MNF game the Cards/Rams game which will be 5:15 local time and there is a good chance the stadium will barely be half full with LA traffic? Come on NFL get it together.

So essentially you want the 2nd weekend of the playoffs to be:

Bengals at Bills (didn’t play this year)
Steelers at Titans (Steelers won 19-13. Titans turned the ball over via 3 fumbles and 1 interception.)

Cardinals at Packers (Packers won 24-21. Cardinals threw 2 interceptions and fumbled 1 time)
Cowboys at Buccaneers (Buccaneers won 31-29.)
When you put it like that it seems less appealing, wasn’t thinking that far ahead.

Any upsets?

I’m going with…

Raiders-Bengals
Patriots-Bills
Eagles-Buccaneers
49ers-Cowboys
Steelers
-Chiefs
Cardinals-Rams
That’s who I’ve got minus Steelers. They ain’t beating KC, although I would allow it so the Titans can boat race them.

Any upsets?

I’m going with…

Raiders-Bengals
Patriots-Bills
Eagles-Buccaneers
49ers-Cowboys
Steelers
-Chiefs
Cardinals-Rams

I've got:

Bengals
Pats
Bucs
Cowboys
Chiefs
Cards

That would give us a divisional round of Bengals at Chiefs, Patriots at Titans, Cowboys at Buccaneers, and Cardinals at Packers, which I think would be an awesome slate of games.

Announcers for this weekend.

Wild-card weekend: Jan. 15, 16 and 17
NFC

(7) Philadelphia Eagles at (2) Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Sunday, 1 p.m. ET on Fox

Joe Buck and Troy Aikman

(6) San Francisco 49ers at (3) Dallas Cowboys
Sunday, 4:30 p.m. ET on CBS

Jim Nantz and Tony Romo

(5) Arizona Cardinals at (4) Los Angeles Rams
Monday, 8:15 p.m. ET on ESPN/ABC/ESPN+

Steve Levy, Brian Griese and Louis Riddick

Bye: (1) Green Bay Packers

AFC
(7) Pittsburgh Steelers at (2) Kansas City Chiefs
Sunday, 8:15 p.m. ET on NBC

Al Michaels and Cris Collinsworth

(6) New England Patriots at (3) Buffalo Bills
Saturday, 8:15 p.m. ET on CBS

Ian Eagle and Charles Davis

(5) Las Vegas Raiders at (4) Cincinnati Bengals
Saturday, 4:30 p.m. ET on NBC

Mike Tirico and Drew Brees

Bye: (1) Tennessee Titans

Last edited:
NFL Super Wild Card Weekend announcer pairings

Saturday, Jan. 15

Las Vegas Raiders (10-7) at Cincinnati Bengals (10-7) (NBC, 4:30 p.m. ET): Mike Tirico, Drew Brees

New England Patriots (10-7) at Buffalo Bills (11-6) (CBS, 8:15 p.m. ET): Ian Eagle, Charles Davis

Sunday, Jan. 16

Philadelphia Eagles (9-8) at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (13-4) (FOX, 1:05 p.m. ET): Joe Buck, Troy Aikman

San Francisco 49ers (10-7) at Dallas Cowboys (12-5) (CBS, 4:30 p.m. ET): Jim Nantz, Tony Romo

Pittsburgh Steelers (9-7-1) at Kansas City Chiefs (12-5) (NBC, 8:15 p.m. ET): Al Michaels, Cris Collinsworth

Monday, Jan. 17

Arizona Cardinals (11-6) at Los Angeles Rams (12-5) (ABC/ESPN, 8:15 p.m. ET): Steve Levy, Brian Griese, Louis Riddick

Which matchup do you think will be the best and which will be the biggest blowout?

I’m thinking Rams/Cardinals will be the best matchup
Steelers/Chiefs will unfortunately be a blowout.

ESPN: Final score predictions….
NFL Wild-card Weekend:

(7) Pittsburgh Steelers at (2) Kansas City Chiefs — Prediction: Chiefs 24, Steelers 20.

(6) New England Patriots at (3) Buffalo Bills — Prediction: Bills 19, Patriots 10.

(5) Las Vegas Raiders at (4) Cincinnati Bengals — Prediction: Bengals 27, Raiders 17.

(7) Philadelphia Eagles at (2) Tampa Bay Buccaneers — Prediction: Buccaneers 34, Eagles 10.

(6) San Francisco 49ers at (3) Dallas Cowboys — Prediction: Cowboys 27, 49ers 14.

(5) Arizona Cardinals at (4) Los Angeles Rams — Prediction: Rams 27, Cardinals 20.

ESPN: Final score predictions….
NFL Wild-card Weekend:

(7) Pittsburgh Steelers at (2) Kansas City Chiefs — Prediction: Chiefs 24, Steelers 20.

(6) New England Patriots at (3) Buffalo Bills — Prediction: Bills 19, Patriots 10.

(5) Las Vegas Raiders at (4) Cincinnati Bengals — Prediction: Bengals 27, Raiders 17.

(7) Philadelphia Eagles at (2) Tampa Bay Buccaneers — Prediction: Buccaneers 34, Eagles 10.

(6) San Francisco 49ers at (3) Dallas Cowboys — Prediction: Cowboys 27, 49ers 14.

(5) Arizona Cardinals at (4) Los Angeles Rams — Prediction: Rams 27, Cardinals 20.
So ESPN going with the chalk, no upsets. Meh…

Reactions: Plecoptera and MAD

I mean we're talking about the same people who came up with "Thursday Night Football: Saturday Edition" and "Monday Night Football: Saturday Doubleheader". We're lucky they didn't go with "Gi-normous".

Reactions: Plecoptera and MAD
I mean we're talking about the same people who came up with "Thursday Night Football: Saturday Edition" and "Monday Night Football: Saturday Doubleheader". We're lucky they didn't go with "Gi-normous".
🤣😂🤣

What's your dream SB matchup of the teams in this year’s playoff?

VN Store

Back