Suicide Squad (August 5, 2016)

Finally caught a matinée this afternoon and I was surprised that my theater was pretty well packed with this being out now over a week.

IMO, it's not as bad as some say. I thought the pacing was a little slow at times but I think that is do to them introducing so many characters.

I know some were complaining about the bad guy in this but this film was more about bringing these characters together than fighting some big bad.

My favorite characters were Harley, Waller & Deadshot. I really liked this version of Amanda Waller, she is almost like the original DC Animated Universe version.

My rating:. 3.5/5

Despite the reviews this is making some bank. It's closing in on $475 mil. worldwide.

I enjoyed it. Not the greatest movie ever, but not terrible. Seeing Margot strut around in those booty shorts was worth the price of admission.

I gave it a 6.5/10. Smith and Robbie made the movie. Leto was ok, just not enough screen time.

Saw it this past Saturday. It was pretty meh IMO.

Will Smith as Deadshot was the best out of all of them. Margot as Harley was ok. The rest of the cast was borderline forgettable.

Might be in the minority, but I thought Leto's Joker wasnt that great.

Finally caught a matinée this afternoon and I was surprised that my theater was pretty well packed with this being out now over a week.

IMO, it's not as bad as some say. I thought the pacing was a little slow at times but I think that is do to them introducing so many characters.

I know some were complaining about the bad guy in this but this film was more about bringing these characters together than fighting some big bad.

My favorite characters were Harley, Waller & Deadshot. I really liked this version of Amanda Waller, she is almost like the original DC Animated Universe version.

My rating:. 3.5/5

Despite the reviews this is making some bank. It's closing in on $475 mil. worldwide.

It's bringing in money, but I've heard estimates that it's going to have to take in $600 million to break even.

Here's a Pat The NES Podcast where they discuss Warner Bros. problems with the DCEU. There's even reports that Wonder Woman is having problems already.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJixqZ4lF64[/youtube]

Reactions: 1 person
Saw it this past Saturday. It was pretty meh IMO.

Will Smith as Deadshot was the best out of all of them. Margot as Harley was ok. The rest of the cast was borderline forgettable.

Might be in the minority, but I thought Leto's Joker wasnt that great.

You're not. I didn't care for Leto either. But it may have been the writing, direction, and art style more than Leto.

Saw this tonight.

I think the root of the problem here is the "could have done without" situations.

Could have done without:

-Killer Croc

-Pretty much the whole villain in general

-Leto's joker (maybe cut his screen time in half, his involvement felt very forced)

-The awful music choices

I think if you take those things out its the best DCEU movie
yet. But with those things in, it's about on par with the rest. Definitely didn't deserve some of the bashing it got, but could have been epic had they not screwed up.

6.5 out of 10.

Side note:

Even in his short screen time in SS, I was reaffirmed of how much I am a fan of Affleck's Batman.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Saw this tonight.

I think the root of the problem here is the "could have done without" situations.

Could have done without:

-Killer Croc

-Pretty much the whole villain in general

-Leto's joker (maybe cut his screen time in half, his involvement felt very forced)

-The awful music choices

I think if you take those things out its the best DCEU movie
yet. But with those things in, it's about on par with the rest. Definitely didn't deserve some of the bashing it got, but could have been epic had they not screwed up.

6.5 out of 10.

U must listen to country

I think they REALLY should have done Suicide Squad Boondock Saints-style. It could go something like:

Amanda Waller is fed up with the murder rate in Gotham, she finally goes to her last resort, employing the "worst of the worst" to rid Gotham of that which is evil, so that what is good may flourish.

You could have backstories involving SS members with some of the "villains" they kill (since they're all bad guys). They could accidentally discover a massive organized crime unit that has Gothem's legal system in its pocket (maybe even apply it to how they are being treated in prison, or have one of the members be innocent/framed). It really could have been a great story.

But no..... ancient Egyptian god is a way better fit.......

Fantastic soundtrack.

Other than that, it was just...a mess. It had clearly been reshot and edited all to hell. Just a messy, jumpy movie.

Not a fan of Leto's joker, it seemed like he was trying waaay too hard. Also, Killer Croc's lines were some of the worst acting I've heard in some time.

Last edited:
I think they REALLY should have done Suicide Squad Boondock Saints-style. It could go something like:

Amanda Waller is fed up with the murder rate in Gotham, she finally goes to her last resort, employing the "worst of the worst" to rid Gotham of that which is evil, so that what is good may flourish.

You could have backstories involving SS members with some of the "villains" they kill (since they're all bad guys). They could accidentally discover a massive organized crime unit that has Gothem's legal system in its pocket (maybe even apply it to how they are being treated in prison, or have one of the members be innocent/framed). It really could have been a great story.

But no..... ancient Egyptian god is a way better fit.......

Well that's because the suicide squad is based on a comic series and this idea doesn't fit there mold

Suicide Squad is closing in on $300 Million domestically and is now over $640 Million Worldwide!

VN Store

Back