Stop with the "we always find a way" nonsense

This thread is just another reason why I hate fans from other teams (barring a select few) posting on our board.

I keep reading posts that during the streak UT always found way to lose to UF. That's nonsense and underestimates the gap between the programs during that timeframe. The reality is that Florida over the past decade has had the better team (at least at the time the two teams met).

I think you have the better team and end the streak this weekend. But quit pretending like Florida just got lucky during the last ten years.

what about the 13 plus turnover advantage you had in the 9 games?

There is something to this the OP; I don't know why you're being so hostile.

I don't care if he is right or wrong (I actually believe he's right, FWIW). I just don't care for a visitor to the board demanding I acknowledge something on this board. Especially a gator fan.

I wouldn't call LawGator a vistor especially since he has been around longer than you and I both.

More like an unfortunate family member just not quite right in the head that you want to poke with a stick until he turns his life around, and decides that he really does want to be a VOL fan.

Anyways back to the original point I will agree with you From 2002-2013 Florida has fielded the better team.

In the 90's I have to disagree, it always seemed to be a mental block for the Vols we had some down right nasty teams in the 90's who always seemed to crap their pants against Spurrier and the gators. In the 2000's yes I would say you are right. I am just hoping that it all ends Saturday, BUT I still believe we are cursed against the Gators I will continue to believe that until I see consecutive winning years against Florida.

PS I hope we don't stop scoring until we hit 100 this weekend

Last edited:
I maintain that FSU benefits tremendously by playing in the ACC. They are already past their biggest test, Clemson.

And 16 months ago the only people at FSU who even knew who Winston was were the girl he assaulted and the cops covering it up.

Absolutely correct, lawgator, nd funny to boot.

We Vol fans had better not count the chickens ahead of time. That's why the game is played. This Florida team is totally capable of winning this game. Talk's cheap. Let's, cordially, welcome the Gator team and fans, strap the hat on and proceed to bring our A-game and whoop some Gator tail for FOUR quarters. Stay focused and don't let up until the final whistle. GO VOLS!!!
I agree 100% many are going to be very sad. The talent that Florida has will more than likely play the best game of the year Saturday. Until my beloved Vols prove they can win against Florida (again) I'll just keep my mouth shut and support my team.

This thread is just another reason why I hate fans from other teams (barring a select few) posting on our board.

lawgator has been here for years and I for one, have enjoyed his comments and opinions. He's the sort of opposing fan with whom I think I could partake a few adult libations.... GO VOLS!!!

Reactions: 1 person
I agree 100% many are going to be very sad. The talent that Florida has will more than likely play the best game of the year Saturday. Until my beloved Vols prove they can win against Florida (again) I'll just keep my mouth shut and support my team.

Amen, brother.

That's one game, I'm talking about a decade's worth of match-ups and the inherent dismissiveness of how Florida was simply better during that period. Posts like "I think we have the better team but always find a way to lose" are absurd, at so many levels, not the least of which is that it implies that Florida hasn't been the better team over that period, when clearly it has.

There's nothing wrong with admitting that Florida was better, is all I'm saying, especially when the current trend suggest a significant reversal of fortune is afoot.

I hate to agree but it's a fact.

Ever since Ainge came in, we were on slow decline. Not sure what happened then and not blaming in on Ainge at all. I think he might still be in the NFL if he hadn't gotten throw up against a goal post.. Never had the same arm after that.

Then we got in the bad situation that we're still in. We can't get a QB that's the complete package at the college level.

If you think about it, every SEC team with the exception of miss state and KY (could throw vandy in there too) held a top college QB that has the brains to play the position.

We've had OL, DL, LB, RB, WR, DB, TE.

And with that, and poor coaching, comes years of teams with no leadership that quit in the clutch. THATS why we seem to botch games against UF. No leadership begats no passion begats no elite talent = losing 17 of 21.

That said, I think this year is the turning point and if UF isn't careful, they could find themselves with an ugly scoreboard.

Things are fixing to change soon. I think Florida as well as as a lot of teams feel it coming!

I keep reading posts that during the streak UT always found way to lose to UF. That's nonsense and underestimates the gap between the programs during that timeframe. The reality is that Florida over the past decade has had the better team (at least at the time the two teams met).

I think you have the better team and end the streak this weekend. But quit pretending like Florida just got lucky during the last ten years.

the penality for hitin Chrissy leak in the head when we got the pick 6 in 06 was BS; otherwise I agree.....

however that BS call started this streak.... which is BS

A lot of it goes back to the 90s. We had the better team talent wise most years but you guys almost always won during that era.

No. Florida has been the better team. Its not like UT was lighting it on fire in all their match-ups EXCEPT for UF. Fact is, Florida has been the batter team. Why is it so hard to just give the Gators credit during that period?

Like I say, I think you win this weekend. But that's because you have the better team, not because of some mystical pixie dust we always find a way to blow it excuse.

wtf likes this post on florida week?..o...m...g...you b!tches!!!

I agree with exception of 2006 and 2007. I feel like we gave that one away in 2006 and had a much more talented team. 2007 we won the east so technically we had a better team that year too

I maintain that FSU benefits tremendously by playing in the ACC. They are already past their biggest test, Clemson.

And 16 months ago the only people at FSU who even knew who Winston was were the girl he assaulted and the cops covering it up.

16 months ago, you guys still had plaques up heralding a mass murderer, right?

16 months ago, according to you, Florida was a "2nd tier program" and FSU was a "4th tier program". I guess it was due to the ACC that FSU went all the way from 4th tier to national champion in a matter of months, while your program became a joke. Weird how that works.

You have no idea what its been like to watch this misery unfold.

Last edited:
Shut your jort wearing mouth. We don't always say "we found a way to lose". This d@m& game has made us so crazy, we have said all kinds of $^!+ .This is how we reacted to each game.

2005 - WHAT IN THE @#$*@ IS WRONG WITH OUR SPECIAL TEAMS!!!
2006 - My God Ainge jinxed it with that @$*@# gator chomp.
2007 - @#$*n backwards handoff...man there's a lot of jorts in this stadium
2008 - Somebody go fire Fulmer TODAY!! I CAN'T TAKE THIS @#$+ NO MO
2009 - Hahahaha Lane Kiffin is a good coach and man I didn't know they made this many jorts
2010 - Hey Dooley might be alright, but this Justin Wilcox SUCKS!!
2011 - @#$* ACL TEAR!!!!!!!!!!! Jorts!!!!!!!
2012 - Somebody go kill Dooley TODAY!! I CAN'T TAKE THIS @#$+ NO MO
2013 - I think its a good idea to go with Peterman today and bench Worley....4hrs later...WTF!!!!!!!! (why is Muschamp wearing Jorts?)

Reactions: 10 people
Dear Lawgator. I hate your stinking guts. You make me vomit. You're the scum between my toes! Love, PennVol

Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back