stock market was up today...

Walmart just took down their guidance inter-quarter. They never do that. Fuel and food costs blamed. Down 8% after hours and now other retail stocks slipping.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/25/wal...s-it-sees-slower-growth-due-to-inflation.html
I'm probably responsible. I signed up for Walmart + and order stuff like a can of soup and have it delivered. A 59 cent can of tomato soup probably costs them $5 to leave it on my door step. For some reason they sell the stuff online for the same price they do in the store and either have Fedex deliver it or an Uber driver drives it right to your door from the store. I love it.

I'm probably responsible. I signed up for Walmart + and order stuff like a can of soup and have it delivered. A 59 cent can of tomato soup probably costs them $5 to leave it on my door step. For some reason they sell the stuff online for the same price they do in the store and either have Fedex deliver it or an Uber driver drives it right to your door from the store. I love it.

Just dont ask for bread.

no-soup-for-you-seinfield.gif

Yeah. I was having a similar conversation with my dad about Amazon. I can order 8 things from Amazon, and they may ship those 8 things in 3 to 5 separate packages. That makes ZERO business sense. Amazon Web Services has been growing so fast that it has hidden a lot of sins for Amazon. I don't see how that can continue in this inflationary environment.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
Yeah. I was having a similar conversation with my dad about Amazon. I can order 8 things from Amazon, and they may ship those 8 things in 3 to 5 separate packages. That makes ZERO business sense. Amazon Web Services has been growing so fast that it has hidden a lot of sins for Amazon. I don't see how that can continue in this inflationary environment.
The majority of my Walmart orders have come at the expense of Amazon. I've had Amazon Prime for nearly 20 years and they used to be great about shipping stuff and getting it to me in 2 days. Once covid hit they would be lucky to get me stuff in a week or more and I got sick of paying for 2 day delivery to get it in a week not to mention their prices went way up. I started comparing their prices to Wally World and found the Walmart was cheaper on just about everything. After I started ordering stuff from Walmart I noticed that Amazon suddenly lowered their prices to match or beat Walmart. I suppose retail is a cut throat world, but I don't care, I used to buy a lot of stuff from Sears back in the day.

The majority of my Walmart orders have come at the expense of Amazon. I've had Amazon Prime for nearly 20 years and they used to be great about shipping stuff and getting it to me in 2 days. Once covid hit they would be lucky to get me stuff in a week or more and I got sick of paying for 2 day delivery to get it in a week not to mention their prices went way up. I started comparing their prices to Wally World and found the Walmart was cheaper on just about everything. After I started ordering stuff from Walmart I noticed that Amazon suddenly lowered their prices to match or beat Walmart. I suppose retail is a cut throat world, but I don't care, I used to buy a lot of stuff from Sears back in the day.

Sears was a great company and employed many life sustaining technicians in their Service Departments as I have alluded to in the past. Electronics (now obsolete), mowers, vacuums, appliance departments. And even engineers..such as myself as a "custodial engineer" who was promoted to fork truck driver! Got my internship to Sen Al Gore's office and off top the races!

Reactions: StarRaider
Sears was a great company and employed many life sustaining technicians in their Service Departments as I have alluded to in the past. Electronics (now obsolete), mowers, vacuums, appliance departments. And even engineers..such as myself as a "custodial engineer" who was promoted to fork truck driver! Got my internship to Sen Al Gore's office and off top the races!
Do you still maintain a 0 carbon footprint like uncle Al does today?

Amazon will sometimes stop here at the office 3-4 times a day with different trucks, seems like they could do a little better at planing routes.

Do you still maintain a 0 carbon footprint like uncle Al does today?

Dont be dissing my man now! Back then when I was at his Chattanooga office any constituent could go thru a metal detector and gain access to their Congressman or Senator's office. or even the ATF or any agency that housed in the Federal Courthouse. Guess that is verboten in local offices as well on Capitol Hill unless you are Colbert.

Met him the one time he came to town and we spent the day as he spoke with the mayor, gave a school speech, etc..and then he shook some hands at Olive Garden at Hamilton Place Mall. LOL. We walked outside and one on one spent about 3 minutes and he asked me what I wanted to do with my life. Rather funny really as a Reaganite. Should of hoped on board his BS train and wouldn't have been a freking compressor salesman.

Reactions: StarRaider
This says there's a $35 minimum order. Still might be worth it for $98/year.

Robot or human?

Dont be dissing my man now! Back then when I was at his Chattanooga office any constituent could go thru a metal detector and gain access to their Congressman or Senator's office. or even the ATF or any agency that housed in the Federal Courthouse. Guess that is verboten in local offices as well on Capitol Hill unless you are Colbert.

Met him the one time he came to town and we spent the day as he spoke with the mayor, gave a school speech, etc..and then he shook some hands at Olive Garden at Hamilton Place Mall. LOL. We walked outside and one on one spent about 3 minutes and he asked me what I wanted to do with my life. Rather funny really as a Reaganite. Should of hoped on board his BS train and wouldn't have been a freking compressor salesman.
Much more honorable being a compressor salesman than a lying POS politician pushing a false climate change narrative.

Reactions: Orangeburst
Much more honorable being a compressor salesman than a lying POS politician pushing a false climate change narrative.

Funny story..I went to MTSU my first year in 83. Talking to this cute girl and I was all tongue tied and she asked where you from..I splurtered out "Nooga". She laffed. Never heard it before and well...the rest is history
And no panties dropped,,and I cried.

Edit: 84 but close enough. **** I am getting old.

Last edited:
DOW posts 12th worst single day point drop on record as Biden’s economy crashes!!!

Am I doing this point vs percentage thing right? Just trying to follow some prior examples🤷‍♂️

DOW -3%, S&P -3.37%, NASDAQ -3.94% oof. The markets are angry that Powell will not appease them. I’m guessing this will carry into next week too. S&P back to within 4% of bear. NASDAQ never left bear. DOW 7% from bear and might finally get there by end of Q3

Powell’s speech was pretty foreboding and the markets responded as expected.

Reactions: norrislakevol
DOW posts 12th worst single day point drop on record as Biden’s economy crashes!!!

Am I doing this point vs percentage thing right? Just trying to follow some prior examples🤷‍♂️

DOW -3%, S&P -3.37%, NASDAQ -3.94% oof. The markets are angry that Powell will not appease them. I’m guessing this will carry into next week too. S&P back to within 4% of bear. NASDAQ never left bear. DOW 7% from bear and might finally get there by end of Q3

EL is just all giggles & smiles today. She loves Biden's handiwork with the crashing economy.

Everything will be in a bear market By Christmas. Markets will continue to fall through the beginning of 2023 I would think due to more bankruptcies. Lay-off in some sectors will aid in this.

Everything will be in a bear market By Christmas. Markets will continue to fall through the beginning of 2023 I would think due to more bankruptcies. Lay-off in some sectors will aid in this.

Nothing gets better coming from this Democratic idiot clueless Biden Admin.

Last edited:
Just wait until all those petrodollars come rushing home at the same time the BRICS nations accept only asset-backed currencies. Our economy will crash almost overnight.

But but, but....Biden bringing NATO together because Finland and Sweden want to join because they are nervous as hail that Russia will attack them because they know Putin doesn't respect the goofs in the Biden Administration.

Last edited:
Reactions: KentheOrange
Walmart just took down their guidance inter-quarter. They never do that. Fuel and food costs blamed. Down 8% after hours and now other retail stocks slipping.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/25/wal...s-it-sees-slower-growth-due-to-inflation.html

Walmart has lost its mind and a ton of money. The Walmart I used to go to has been turned into this awful, dark hole of a shrunken store. They're turning it into a fulfillment center I guess to try and further compete with Amazon which makes zero sense. Walmart has been a brick and mortar store for decades and suddenly they're trying to be an online retailer. I don't even shop there anymore especially since they stopped staying open 24 hours.

Reactions: Ernest T. Vol

VN Store

Back