Still a year away

There is no reason we should be one year away. Nothing is ever perfect. If we get better next year, there's no reason to expect the teams we play won't also. Butch has the talent and the schedule to win this year. No reason not to expect them to.

Experience and depth. You're implying the expectation should be to win it all and you're wrong. The expectation this year is to compete for the SEC East title. Anything more than that, like making the playoff, will be going beyond expectations.

Reactions: 1 person
Our O-line, WR's, QB, and coaching won't show vast improvement next year. Waiting until year 3 to focus on the O-line was a horrible decision that will plague this team for a few more years

We are still a year away. In 2016 there will be talent, experience, and depth all over the roster with the exception of safety, TE, and OT. That's about the best you can hope for, because no matter how well you recruit there will always be a few weak spots in your roster.

That said, this team can and should win 8 games during the regular season, possibly even 9 if DeBord and Jones can scheme around the obvious gameplan for defending our offense.

With all the hype I am sure no one wants to hear it but we are still one year away. 7 or 8 wins is a successful season next year. 2016 will be the year we are another year older, more experienced, deeper at all positions and ready to compete. Don't get upset with 7 this year, still a process and it is working And foundation has been laid.

next year this will still be the same lame excuse that people will use. unless jones learns how to coach and gets rid of debord we will always be a around 500 team.

I like all the comments on this thread all are very interesting to read. Everyone that loves the Vols want to win Big now. I understand that we are hungry for wins and to be on top again. To be in the talk again of being one of the elite programs. Please excuse me IM drinking today. Im off work for the Holidays and I love the Vols Happy Easter VOLNATION. I Disagree with a year away. My Volnation has lost there confidence and I understand why they fill that way. Well Im no expert but been around Football for 50 yrs. I see what I see clearly. Our Offense Line will determine what this team will accomplish this year. Our DEFENSE is going to be Nasty. Our DEFENSE has our back Volnation. As well has we have thiers . Well you can say brick by brick or its time. Well I see what I see with depth and playmakers. Anything is possible. Im DIEHARD are YOU?

Easter drunk apology hardcore vfl post from 15. good1

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back