Steve Shaw Bama grad

Look at the video in that link. They are flagging Bama's opponents, at opportune times for Bama, as well as "missing" clear penalties on Bama, at opportune times. There is video evidence of it in the link I posted, with an explanation for each. It's not about the number of penalties thrown, it is about when in the game, and the impact of said penalties. The video even shows clear line of sights for the officials, sometimes only feet away, not doing anything when Bama is committing these infractions. This was all in the NCG, too.

Again, this is not evidence of a conspiracy. This is evidence - clear evidence I might add - of blatant bias.

The blog doesn't deal in any of the missed calls against UGA. It is true, the refs missed a facemask against Bama. They also missed one against UGA. It was even on SI's cover:

6_8028793.png

And while the blog and many UGA fans rightly point out that the blocked punt shouldn't have been negated by offside against UGA, they fail to acknowledge that it still should have been negated by a bama false start. The difference was not block or no block, the difference was 10 yards of field position.

If the bias were so blatant, why not call UGA's receiver out of bounds on their final touchdown? He came about as close as one possibly can.

Again, I see your point, but that's splitting hairs. It was a violent hit and Tua was slow to get up, but it didn't draw a flag. It's easy to throw out hypotheticals because they're basically immune to rebuttal.
I don't think it's splitting hairs at all. If you hit a guy squarely in the chest, as it appeared Bituli did on Tua, the flag usually stays in. A surefire way to risk drawing the flag in today's football is if the hit appears to be high, and at full speed it appeared Wilson went helmet-to-helmet on JG but he did not. Again, good teams tend to get the benefit of the doubt. I bet if a Tennessee LB hit Tua like that, the flag gets thrown, but perhaps overturned on replay.

LSU fans or any other fans are delusional when the talk about conspiracy theories or preconceived plans to help Alabama. But good teams and players do gets benefits of the doubt. Always have, always will.

I don't think it's splitting hairs at all. If you hit a guy squarely in the chest, as it appeared Bituli did on Tua, the flag usually stays in. A surefire way to risk drawing the flag in today's football is if the hit appears to be high, and at full speed it appeared Wilson went helmet-to-helmet on JG but he did not. Again, good teams tend to get the benefit of the doubt. I bet if a Tennessee LB hit Tua like that, the flag gets thrown, but perhaps overturned on replay.

LSU fans or any other fans are delusional when the talk about conspiracy theories or preconceived plans to help Alabama. But good teams and players do gets benefits of the doubt. Always have, always will.

Okay. I don't disagree with you there.

I may get fired at with this one but I dont think Bama gets the benefit of 50/50 calls. I think its Saban. Refs dont want to deal with him going nuts and since the camera is always panning to him they dont want to be in a screenshot with him giving them the business. Much the way Kryzewski is with Duke. When he missed those games with illnesses games were reffed a bit different when a fill in coach is on the bench and not the hall of famer with the propensity to yell at refs when cameras are always rolling.

I may get fired at with this one but I dont think Bama gets the benefit of 50/50 calls. I think its Saban. Refs dont want to deal with him going nuts and since the camera is always panning to him they dont want to be in a screenshot with him giving them the business. Much the way Kryzewski is with Duke. When he missed those games with illnesses games were reffed a bit different when a fill in coach is on the bench and not the hall of famer with the propensity to yell at refs when cameras are always rolling.

And maybe the same with Lebron, Seph Curry, Kevin Durant get generous calls too. But that's not the definition of collusion.

VN Store

Back