Stats of interest from 2013 Rocky Top League

Cory ***an from Tusculum is shooting 80% from the line just 4-5 but that doesn't matter so let's sign him up too.

Edit: Hilarious it blocks out his last name.

Last edited:
I'll guarantee you jokers one thing. 81.3% from the free throw line is pretty damn good even if you're playing 5th grade. In case you don't know, it's also a pretty good attribute for a point guard. It don't matter if it's Rocky Top League or the championship game of the NCAA tournament, most teams would relish having someone on the line to win the game with that kind of percentage. As a matter of fact, that would have ranked #151 in the entire NCAA this past year. So some of you who profess to be such basketball geniuses don't know squat. Now come back and tell me he only made 13 0f 18. Guess what. If you can make them you can make them. I'd say none of you illustrious ballers can make 13 of 18 right now.

I would put 100 up right now that I could. Free throws are not difficult. You're using his free throw percentage to argue he should be our starting point guard. I'm sure someone of your extreme basketball knowledge knows that there's a lot more to it than that.

Didn't say that. I am saying he can play that's all and less than 4 minutes a game in his career is not enough to know one way or the other. I do tend to think that a Vol senior who has been with the program 3 years might have an age advantage on a Vol freshman or maybe even a transfer. Also, checking on Chiles. His team was 6-26, he averaged 15.8, shot 42% from field, 68% from free throw line, and 31% from 3.

I would put 100 up right now that I could. Free throws are not difficult. You're using his free throw percentage to argue he should be our starting point guard. I'm sure someone of your extreme basketball knowledge knows that there's a lot more to it than that.
Didn't say that. I am saying he can play that's all and less than 4 minutes a game in his career is not enough to know one way or the other. I do tend to think that a Vol senior who has been with the program 3 years might have an age advantage on a Vol freshman or maybe even a transfer. Also, checking on Chiles. His team was 6-26, he averaged 15.8, shot 42% from field, 68% from free throw line, and 31% from 3. Yet, he is coming to Tennessee from BTO heaven!

I don't agree with SD on some stuff but I do think Lopez could at the least be a competent backup, he performed well whilst backing up Trae and that was 2 years ago. I think he would find himself as a backup at any school in the SEC outside of FLA and UK

I can hit 13 of 16 from the free throw line right now.. Might even go 16 of 16.. I couldn't however play pg for the Vols... Maybe if there was a BASEketball team..

I don't agree with SD on some stuff but I do think Lopez could at the least be a competent backup, he performed well whilst backing up Trae and that was 2 years ago. I think he would find himself as a backup at any school in the SEC outside of FLA and UK

When was this exactly?

I love Lopez for being a Vol and I'm sure he works hard in practice. But he's almost assuredly not shown he deserves big minutes. If by some miracle he does show Coach Tyndall that, I guess he'll get them. For now, it's safest to assume he's going to be closer to the player he was the first 3 years here and he's not going to pull a JaJuan Smith next season.

Here's a little bit for the naysayers to worry about! The Vol Caravan just rolled through Memphis. Coach T said that he may hold one scholarship open for next year. Wonder if it might be used by a fourth year walk-on? :) He also said that he still had a couple of holes to fill in the roster. Oh, boy, wait on this one. He then said that we had a couple of holes that needed to be filled in the front court.

Trashing Chiles and talking about Lopez's GPA at FT%, sure seems like it. Lol
???? How is this trashing Chiles? "Also, checking on Chiles. His team was 6-26, he averaged 15.8, shot 42% from field, 68% from free throw line, and 31% from 3, fairly average numbers. Yet, he is coming to Tennessee from BTO heaven!"
PS Brandon Lopez shot 62% from field (30 of 49), 81% from ftl (13 of 16), 31% from three (4 of 13), and averaged 14 in five games. The Rocky Top League, due to time constraints, plays each of the other teams once. Really don't know why a 3.9 GPA and 81% free throw percentage hurts a point guard. You'll have to explain that one. At least he won't have a problem distributing the ball like a shoot first Trae Golden type would.

Are you honestly comparing stats of a D1 player to that of a walk on in a pick up league? Surely I missed something, because there's no way you can possibly believe the **** you're spewing.

Are you honestly comparing stats of a D1 player to that of a walk on in a pick up league? Surely I missed something, because there's no way you can possibly believe the **** you're spewing.
This is not a comparison of said stats. This is saying that Brandon Lopez can play point guard whether you like it or not. There are a lot of VFL's in the RTL who take great offense of you dissing their league like Wayne Chism on Brandon's team. He averaged 30 a game on Brandon's team. Also, they must play a little defense or they wouldn't be shooting free throws.

When was this exactly?

Two seasons ago during the Armani experiment. Lopez got some decent PT during a stretch. He could bring the ball up. Wouldn't be an offensive threat and taller guards could shoot over him. Wouldn't be the worst situation for him to see 7 minutes a night. It would matter less in this system than Cuonzos.

I remember the few games Brandon Lopez got minutes as the back point gaurd behind Trae Golden.........it wasn't pretty and we had to make Jordan Mcrae the back up point gaurd.

This is not a comparison of said stats. This is saying that Brandon Lopez can play point guard whether you like it or not. There are a lot of VFL's in the RTL who take great offense of you dissing their league like Wayne Chism on Brandon's team. He averaged 30 a game on Brandon's team. Also, they must play a little defense or they wouldn't be shooting free throws.

Unlike you I've been to quite a few RTL games, I can assure you I don't need your educational lesson on it. If you would like I will pull you numbers from some other guys who have played in that league. There's middle aged men who have put up more points than Lopez, area HS kids, and athletes that are playing D2 basketball.

I don't know how else I can say this, Brandon Lopez will not be seeing significant minutes at PG, I will bet you anything on this.

Two seasons ago during the Armani experiment. Lopez got some decent PT during a stretch. He could bring the ball up. Wouldn't be an offensive threat and taller guards could shoot over him. Wouldn't be the worst situation for him to see 7 minutes a night. It would matter less in this system than Cuonzos.

7 minutes a night is 1 thing, being the starting PG like Colonel Sanders is talking about is another.

And which games were those, I pulled 3 games from that year in which he played double digit minutes, his numbers were awful.

7 minutes a night is 1 thing, being the starting PG like Colonel Sanders is talking about is another.

And which games were those, I pulled 3 games from that year in which he played double digit minutes, his numbers were awful.

Yeah, numbers were almost non-existent, but IIRC, he didn't turn the ball over, got us in our offense, and could stay in front of his man on D. Which is why I'm saying 7 minutes a night would be okay in a backup role if it comes to that.

Yeah, numbers were almost non-existent, but IIRC, he didn't turn the ball over, got us in our offense, and could stay in front of his man on D. Which is why I'm saying 7 minutes a night would be okay in a backup role if it comes to that.

He was benched after a few games of experimenting in place of Jordan McRae running PG, so he obviously wasn't doing something right.

Like I said 7 minutes is one thing if that's what is needed, but this guy is trying to use RTL stats and HS GPA to prove that Lopez would be more than capable of being our starting PG.

That's a lie, pure and simple. Those who have read my posts know exactly what I have been saying. Let's put it this way! Since you think God sends scholarship players down from heaven above, if Brandon Lopez gets a scholarship this year, will you then say he is a basketball player?

VN Store

Back