Statement from Danny White

Outlaw NIL from recruiting and you solve this problem. NIL was not conceived to be used a recruiting tool--but owing to vague
language and rules the major programs have corrupted it and turned it effectively into a bribery contest for prospects. In doing so
they've turned top high-school prospects into money-grubbing mercenaries. I'm pretty sure that's not what college is supposed to be about--
even if the fans--most have whom have not been to college--are fixated on winning games as opposed to the totality of the college experience.

Certainly, all D1 programs below the major-college level should support a ban on NIL for recruiting purposes as it now simply benefits major programs with the most rich booster crazies. It's time to TRY and restore a scintilla of integrity to college football before it goes completely down the ethical toilet. It's about three-quarters of the way down the hole now.
what about players getting the chance for NIL payments is totally against the college experience? its people like you who have made this mess and stand in the way of it getting fixed.

This is exactly what college is about. high schoolers choosing a place to go to that will maximize their earning potential as they see fit. Students have always been able to leave and go to other colleges, chasing scholarships, grants, endowments, payments, employment and many other forms of financial support.

how is this an issue of ethics at all? what is morally or ethically wrong about seeking payment for your worth? you and the NCAA are the ones being completely unethical, denying student's their rights, as evidenced by the 9-0 Supreme Court ruling.

The NC2A is all about the Benjamins. I read up on the purpose of the NC2A and couldn’t help to chuckle. While no system is perfect, NC2A is broken. (Edit) Ncaa will fight tooth and nail to prove the entity is a “must needed organization.” I agree regulations must be in play, but he has failed as president of the organization.

Im all for capitalism but found this interesting:

The most highly compensated employee was Mark Emmert, the President who received $15 million in compensation from 2017-2021: 2021: $2,991,112. 2020: $2,908,114. August, 2023

Last edited:
Wouldn’t surprise me if all of this is coordinated. We’ll see more come out day by day. The coup de grace would be if the conference issues a statement and I think at some point they have to. Florida, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Texas A&M, Missouri, Texas all those schools would have a target on their back if NCAA can use retroactive enforcement against NIL programs.

Outlaw NIL from recruiting and you solve this problem. NIL was not conceived to be used a recruiting tool--but owing to vague
language and rules the major programs have corrupted it and turned it effectively into a bribery contest for prospects. In doing so
they've turned top high-school prospects into money-grubbing mercenaries. I'm pretty sure that's not what college is supposed to be about--
even if the fans--most have whom have not been to college--are fixated on winning games as opposed to the totality of the college experience.

Certainly, all D1 programs below the major-college level should support a ban on NIL for recruiting purposes as it now simply benefits major programs with the most rich booster crazies. It's time to TRY and restore a scintilla of integrity to college football before it goes completely down the ethical toilet. It's about three-quarters of the way down the hole now.
Good luck with that.

Reactions: TnScooby

Who is going to outlaw it from recruiting? You are aware Bama has been paying kids for years before the NIL right? Damn you rattle on with the same BS in every thread.

what about players getting the chance for NIL payments is totally against the college experience? its people like you who have made this mess and stand in the way of it getting fixed.

This is exactly what college is about. high schoolers choosing a place to go to that will maximize their earning potential as they see fit. Students have always been able to leave and go to other colleges, chasing scholarships, grants, endowments, payments, employment and many other forms of financial support.

how is this an issue of ethics at all? what is morally or ethically wrong about seeking payment for your worth? you and the NCAA are the ones being completely unethical, denying student's their rights, as evidenced by the 9-0 Supreme Court ruling.
The NCAA banned college kids participating in their programs from holding jobs. Almost every college kid I knew (or at least spent time with, friends) had a job. It's a normal thing.

If NIL is unfairly going to benefit the traditional major programs, why have 2 teams that never before the past couple seasons ever sniffed the CFP made it in to the top 4 teams at the end of the regular season?

TCU and Washington are not traditional major football programs but made it to the CFP in the NIL era.

I’m afraid all of we college sports fans are just opening the lid to a great awakening.
It’s happening in all other areas of our life and now it’s getting ready to blow up in all sports. The truth behind the money. First Saban steps down and now the NCAA is getting exposed for what it is. I have no idea what or when but I could see something happening within a year.

Reactions: Sara Clark

Why make the point about the fans? “Most of whom have not been to college.” What does that have to do with this discussion. Since when did we start differentiating between alumni and non-alumni as being qualified to be fans? Neither of my parents went to UT - hell they didn’t even go to college. But they taught me to be VFL and made sure I went to UT. Don’t look down your nose at fans that didn’t go to college fella. Go talk sH*t like this on another board.

If NIL is unfairly going to benefit the traditional major programs, why have 2 teams that never before the past couple seasons ever sniffed the CFP made it in to the top 4 teams at the end of the regular season?

TCU and Washington are not traditional major football programs but made it to the CFP in the NIL era.
NOW there is a level playing field. Before NIL, Bama could buy any player with Saban protected by SEC office.

NCAA has a history of trying to outlaw things they don’t have the resources to stop then they just cherry pick who they are going to go after. The NCAA has just grown too greedy controlling and power hungry. Cherry picking all the merry time. It’s time for it to end. Things have to change at the top, the NCAA caused this, they are why we are at this point. Go Big Orange!

VN Store

Back