Stat of the day

Hooker has 31 passing TD in less than one season as starter.
The previous QB had 38 passing TD in 3+ seasons as starter.
The QB position is no longer a hindrance.

It's a new time. It's a new team. It's a new coach. It's new expectations. It's even a new season. It's a new QB Can we enjoy that instead of rehashing the pains of the past? Here's a shocking, perhaps incomprehensible reality, the past is gone. Whatever the future brings, the Pruitt and players era isn't coming back. Can we cherish the here and now?

I've seen the skyline in New York City
Fireflies in Tennessee
Sipped a little 'shine from a paper sack
That'll knock the horns off a Cadillac
I must've sat on a dozen islands
I've watched the sun sink into the sea
Been there done that got the t-shirt and hat
But my favorite place to be is

Here and now

Last edited:
The only good thing about looking back is that it lets us fully appreciate how much better we have it now. I have so much more confidence in Hooker (and Milton, for that matter) than I did when we were stuck trying to decide between JG, Bailey, Shrout and Maurer. I don't want to dwell on bad memories from the past, but the contrast really is striking. Even Tayven Jackson is getting rave reviews.

And of course we still have Nico to look forward to as the presumptive QB of the future.

Here is another stat that can help our QBs and even our run game:

Tennessee should have one of the fastest receiving corps in the nation over the next 2 years.

Jimmy Calloway: Ran a 10.7 in the 100 meter dash.
Jimmy Holiday: Has reportedly ran a sub 4.4 in the 40 before.
Squirrel White: Has ran a 10.68 in the 100 meter dash, reportedly clocked a sub 4.4 in the 40.
Chas Nimrod: Laser timed a 4.5 in the 40 in front of the coaches when he was offered.
Jaylin Hyatt: Runs a sub 4.4 in the 40.
Kaleb Webb: Ran a 10.9 in the 100 meter dash, to go along with his fantastic leaping ability.

Speed kills.

It's a new time. It's a new team. It's a new coach. It's new expectations. It's even a new season. It's a new QB Can we enjoy that instead of rehashing the pains of the past? Here's a shocking, perhaps incomprehensible reality, the past is gone. Whatever the future brings, the Pruitt and players era isn't coming back. Can we the here and now?

Fireflies in Tennessee

Here and now
I don’t think anyone needs to be reminded. But we have a direction as a program. They did a great job of coaching up a guy they didn’t even recruit.

Tennessee should have one of the fastest receiving corps in the nation over the next 2 years.

Squirrel White: Has ran a 10.68 in the 100 meter dash, reportedly clocked a sub 4.4 in the 40.
Chas Nimrod: Laser timed a 4.5 in the 40 in front of the coaches when he was offered.
Kaleb Webb: Ran a 10.9 in the 100 meter dash, to go along with his fantastic leaping ability.

Speed kills.

Yikes, just hope the leather can travel that fast!!

1659899121591.png

Reactions: norrislakevol

Speed kills.
Our speed would kill even more if we were in another conference. The bad thing about the SEC is you can be 1 of the Top 10 fastest teams in the country but we have 6 or 7 other members of the Top 10 in speed in the conference with us. I love being a historic member of our conference but it'd be great to have Clemson or Ohio State's schedule sometimes.

It's a new time. It's a new team. It's a new coach. It's new expectations. It's even a new season. It's a new QB Can we enjoy that instead of rehashing the pains of the past? Here's a shocking, perhaps incomprehensible reality, the past is gone. Whatever the future brings, the Pruitt and players era isn't coming back. Can we the here and now?

Fireflies in Tennessee

Here and now

A+ for working KC lyrics into a post

@WoodsmanVol is bringing the goods today!

Reactions: WoodsmanVol

VN Store

Back