Star Wars: Rogue One

I'd bet the Wookies would love the highlights.

5c5aa0ebf45af4684296879a62dad4e2.jpg

Reactions: 5 people
Considering he has been doing Vader for the Rebels cartoon I would call this a lock.

Interesting they didn't get Hayden Christiansen. I wonder if they even asked him? I guess they wanted somebody bigger. David Prowse, who played Vader originally, is about 6'6. Hayden is 6'0.

Interesting they didn't get Hayden Christiansen. I wonder if they even asked him? I guess they wanted somebody bigger. David Prowse, who played Vader originally, is about 6'6. Hayden is 6'0.

That would have been pretty cool to get him back.

Is there any form of art that gets better when more people get involved in decision making? Would the Mona Lisa be better if there had been three other artists "collaborating" and responding to focus groups? If the movie isn't great, I see little hope that a group of executives calling more of the shots will make it better.

Is there any form of art that gets better when more people get involved in decision making? Would the Mona Lisa be better if there had been three other artists "collaborating" and responding to focus groups? If the movie isn't great, I see little hope that a group of executives calling more of the shots will make it better.

We'll see. What's interesting is everybody seems to be rushing to the defense of the director and labeling Disney as the "evil meddling corporation." Who knows? Maybe the movie in it's current state DOES suck and the changes that Disney is proposing will actually make it better. Either way, we won't know for sure until it comes out.

Disney Execs reportedly thought the film was too "dark and moody." Personally, I thought the standalone films would have more liberties to do stuff like that. The numbered films are for everyone, the standalone films should be set apart in some way, IMO.

Reactions: 2 people
Disney Execs reportedly thought the film was too "dark and moody." Personally, I thought the standalone films would have more liberties to do stuff like that. The numbered films are for everyone, the standalone films should be set apart in some way, IMO.

"Dark and moody" was exactly what I was hoping the film would be like. If Disney messes this up I'll never forgive them.

Then they are making it worse with these reshoots if that was their reasoning.

Reactions: 1 person
In a recent interview, Rogue One actor Mads Mikkelsen stated that the reshoots are "nothing to worry about." He basically said that all major movies he's been involved with go through them and that they were already planned. You can take that however you want, what with him being a major part of the film and all. At any rate, it's nice to hear some positive news through all of this. However, he also said something that most would probably agree with, and that is Disney is loving all of the free press from this.

True. Although I will say I'm a pretty big fan of ROTS. My main problem with it was the fact that Lucas CGI'd it to death.

Watching the prequels with my kids and seeing them enjoy it makes me appreciate the movies more for what they are.

Reactions: 3 people
Watching the prequels with my kids and seeing them enjoy it makes me appreciate the movies more for what they are.

Yeah, my son loves The Phantom Menace. I think he likes the fact that a young kid is such a big part of it. Plus he loves the pod race sequence. But hey, he's five so what does he know? :)

VN Store

Back