Stache Talk with Kirby Connell and Other Related Podcasts

It will not allow me to add any of them because they are .mov. If someone can give me a way to do it, I will be glad to try again.
I can give you the short version if you can't see it on Facebook.
Coming back for his 5th year, he is excited about what the team is going to do on the field, but he is also excited about the opportunity to give back to his community one more year as a UT baseball player. Kirby has 2 initiatives this season that he is working on.
The first is East Tennessee Children's Hospital. His goal is to give every child during the 2024 season who spends the night in ETCH a baseball pillow from UT baseball and VolNation. He wants them to know that they are loved by VolNation. Getting to catch the first pitch from many of them has allowed him to build a relationship with them and their struggles. He wants to do something small to remind them that VolNation is cheering them on every day.
The second is to help foster children. My wife works as a Social Service worker who deals with foster children and sadly many times the removal of them from their homes because of nothing they did. One of the sad parts of that is that most of them have nothing to put their clothes in. They are given a trash bag to put their clothes in. Kirby would like to raise funds so that every child removed from their home in Knoxville, Johnson City where he is from, and Gaffney, SC, where my wife serves can have a backpack or duffle bag to put their clothes in. There would also be toiletry items and a small blanket in the backpack. He also encourages VolNation around the US to do the same in their community.
I am in for donating to the duffle bag initiative 🧡

It will not allow me to add any of them because they are .mov. If someone can give me a way to do it, I will be glad to try again.
I can give you the short version if you can't see it on Facebook.
Coming back for his 5th year, he is excited about what the team is going to do on the field, but he is also excited about the opportunity to give back to his community one more year as a UT baseball player. Kirby has 2 initiatives this season that he is working on.
The first is East Tennessee Children's Hospital. His goal is to give every child during the 2024 season who spends the night in ETCH a baseball pillow from UT baseball and VolNation. He wants them to know that they are loved by VolNation. Getting to catch the first pitch from many of them has allowed him to build a relationship with them and their struggles. He wants to do something small to remind them that VolNation is cheering them on every day.
The second is to help foster children. My wife works as a Social Service worker who deals with foster children and sadly many times the removal of them from their homes because of nothing they did. One of the sad parts of that is that most of them have nothing to put their clothes in. They are given a trash bag to put their clothes in. Kirby would like to raise funds so that every child removed from their home in Knoxville, Johnson City where he is from, and Gaffney, SC, where my wife serves can have a backpack or duffle bag to put their clothes in. There would also be toiletry items and a small blanket in the backpack. He also encourages VolNation around the US to do the same in their community.

If you're trying to go from .mov to mp4 format here is a link:

video converter link (MOV to MP4)

Reactions: MAD
I thought I would let you guys know what is going on in my life. I resigned from my church yesterday to take a new position with Virginia Tech. I will be the Camp Director for Southwest Virginia 4-H Educational Center. I will start there February 12th. Is being a Hokie fan required when you work for VT? Hope not. Never been a hater of them but never been a fan. Just wanted to keep you guys up to date. If you know of a church looking for a part-time pastor or interim in Northeast Tennessee or Northwest Virginia, let me know.

I thought I would let you guys know what is going on in my life. I resigned from my church yesterday to take a new position with Virginia Tech. I will be the Camp Director for Southwest Virginia 4-H Educational Center. I will start there February 12th. Is being a Hokie fan required when you work for VT? Hope not. Never been a hater of them but never been a fan. Just wanted to keep you guys up to date. If you know of a church looking for a part-time pastor or interim in Northeast Tennessee or Northwest Virginia, let me know.
That’s exciting news. Congratulations!
@chuckiepoo knows a thing or two about Hokies.

Copied the above note to a congregation in Bristol that may be interested.

Congratulations on the new position! It sounds like an opportunity that will be very rewarding, both for the community and for you. I hope you find a Church in the area to contribute to and just keep it quiet that you are a raging Tennessee fan, in all sports!

Congrats. Very happy for you. Blacksburg is a great town. Seems like you have a fondness for that city. VA and SC.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Congrats Preacherman on the new job.

Will this new venture cut into the Stache Talk podcast? I really enjoy learning about the players and coaches. Will y'all be doing the season opening podcast like last year, when you went down the roster?

Hunter Ensley is on my episode that dropped this morning. If you're a video podcast person, here's the link for that, as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: MAD

Baseball Media Day with ETBCA (East Tennessee Baseball Coaches Association) was a lot of fun!

For this episode, you’ll hear interviews with players and coaches from the ETBCA Media Day that was hosted by Dick’s House of Sport in Knoxville. Below, you’ll find the full list of interviewees in-order. Discussions range from weight-lifting plans to which teammate could most easily talk their way out of a speeding ticket.

Interviews:
Brock Evans - Pellissippi State
Hudson Lutterman - Knoxville Catholic
Brady Scott - Sevier County
Christian Hoffman - Sevier County
Brooks Wright - Bearden
Riley Mahan - Bearden
Austin East Coach
Andrew Hill - Knox Central
Miles Johnson - Knox Central
Jason Lambert - Loudon
Aaron Simmons - Lenoir City