Spring overreactions From each way too early top 25 college football teams

It’s a joke until late October then they play Bama and OK back to back and then at SC. I know SC is not much but I think Missouri takes a step back next year and they will lose at least 2 of these 3 games.
I hope you are right. But something tells me they are gonna be one of the best teams (record wise) in the SEC. That makes me sick saying that.

I think we'll field a team that finishes far higher than 16th. That's total crap.

We should definitely be in the playoffs (top-12 teams this season), and our offense should actually be better this year under Nico.

DL is talented and very deep, as is the LB corps.

The only Achilles heel I see is our DB backfield. Lots of questions marks there. If they show up strong, a top 4 finish is very possible.
Tennessee should be better on both sides of the ball. The athleticism in the DBackfield is much improved.

No doubt. This shows how little anyone even tries to examine what makes teams tick. They had the best RB in the SEC (according to non UT fans), which chewed up clock and sustained long drives. They lost at least half their starters to graduation and probably half their two deep. I believe they'll be biggest "miss" by the experts.
Lost their Defensive Coordinator too, I too believe they take a step back..

Reactions: Neyland Law Vol
No doubt. This shows how little anyone even tries to examine what makes teams tick. They had the best RB in the SEC (according to non UT fans), which chewed up clock and sustained long drives. They lost at least half their starters to graduation and probably half their two deep. I believe they'll be biggest "miss" by the experts.
They also lost their D coordinator who went to LSU. They do return their qb and Burton at wide receiver, that’s a strong duo, but I do think if they played our schedule they would not be quite the trendy pick where everyone has them as a 10-2 CFP team . Auburn, Vandy, USCjr, Ms St and Arkansas are 5 they should be favored in. aTm and Bama will be tough on the road, but they get OU at home. I’d take that in heartbeat.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Joel Klatt’s post spring top 25. I’ll take us versus anyone from 5-15 straight up, and I definitely think we’re capable of beating anybody . UGA is the biggest mountain to climb.

He's only run for and thrown dink & dunk passes, so far.

Actually, you are right. I suspect that was due to lack of talent @ WR, and what was working vs Iowa. Vols are definitely better at Receiver (Bru back and Brazzell from Tulane, which gives Tennessee two legitimate deep threats (squirrel) and a top possession WR) Plus Thornton, so I think we will see some timely deep shots and Nico running only when it's the best option. You can't expose your Star QB vs the SEC Defenses. We will see how well Nico throws it 50 yards downfield.

They also lost their D coordinator who went to LSU. They do return their qb and Burton at wide receiver, that’s a strong duo, but I do think if they played our schedule they would not be quite the trendy pick where everyone has them as a 10-2 CFP team . Auburn, Vandy, USCjr, Ms St and Arkansas are 5 they should be favored in. aTm and Bama will be tough on the road, but they get OU at home. I’d take that in heartbeat.

Auburn will be a tough out for Mizzou. MOF, I think Auburn is their first L. Looking ahead to bama the next week.......

Auburn will be a tough out for Mizzou. MOF, I think Auburn is their first L. Looking ahead to bama the next week.......
I think Auburn can be improved. If that game were on The Plains I’d be w/ you 100% . It’s definitely a tough game sandwiched between an incredibly tough road test at UMASS, yes they play UMASS on the road and Bama. Again, Mizzou plays UMASS away. That’s sad. Go enjoy the foliage you clowns.

This looks like one of those “up years” where the SEC is going to be unusually gruelling…. Mizzou being real and ole miss being a playoff type team - along with both UTs looking to be good - and OU - plus I think LSU is elite. UGA is on another planet. AU and KY and SC all look to be very tough and not pushovers. And Florida is better.
Gonna be brutal.
Oh, almost forgot, Bama….

This looks like one of those “up years” where the SEC is going to be unusually gruelling…. Mizzou being real and ole miss being a playoff type team - along with both UTs looking to be good - and OU - plus I think LSU is elite. UGA is on another planet. AU and KY and SC all look to be very tough and not pushovers. And Florida is better.
Gonna be brutal.
Oh, almost forgot, Bama….

Looking at Bama's schedule and all the players they lost to graduation, NFL, and the portal, 8-4, 9-3 is a strong possibility.

I think we'll field a team that finishes far higher than 16th. That's total crap.

We should definitely be in the playoffs (top-12 teams this season), and our offense should actually be better this year under Nico.

The only Achilles heel I see is our DB backfield. Lots of questions marks there. If they show up strong, a top 4 finish is very possible.
I got us 10-2 ranked 9 going into the playoffs.

Its really all about being healthy for some key players like Nico. Our OL and WRs are better than last year. If Nico and the two tackles can stay healthy, I can see him in the Heisman conversation.
Agree. This is one of the few teams we have had where we currently have ZERO starting game experience at QB or RB beyond Nico and Sampson. You can actually say ALMOST zero game experience period behind Nico and Sampson.

We’ll find out early in September.
You think NC State is that significant of a test? If we beat or play lose a close one to OU on the road in late September that'll tell us something but I most likely won't feel too good or too bad about the team until I see what happens with Florida. Beat them soundly to go 6-0 or 5-1 and that'll feel like real progress win or lose the Bama game the next week.

Did we get any of those Akron kids from the portal? They should be pretty good at defense back for a player or two.

You think NC State is that significant of a test? If we beat or play lose a close one to OU on the road in late September that'll tell us something but I most likely won't feel too good or too bad about the team until I see what happens with Florida. Beat them soundly to go 6-0 or 5-1 and that'll feel like real progress win or lose the Bama game the next week.

I was referring to the game with Oklahoma in September. Had nothing to do with NC State.

I was referring to the game with Oklahoma in September. Had nothing to do with NC State.
Okay well you said "early in September", and I wouldn’t consider the 21st to be "early" in the month. That's what seemed like you were circling the Wolfpack since we play them the 7th and OU the 21st. That's what threw me off. I was sincerely interested to hear why you thought NC State would tell us much since I don't typically watch any of their games.

Last edited:
Reactions: NighthawkVol
I think Auburn can be improved. If that game were on The Plains I’d be w/ you 100% . It’s definitely a tough game sandwiched between an incredibly tough road test at UMASS, yes they play UMASS on the road and Bama. Again, Mizzou plays UMASS away. That’s sad. Go enjoy the foliage you clowns.

Can you imagine Tennessee playing @ Umass? lolololol.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Yes, and perfectly, Keyton just quit on it or its an in stride TD.

Keyton was a pretender. Brazzell will catch the ball. Did Keyton stop on the route so He wouldn't have to explain another drop? Or was he thinking Nico's arm wasn't that strong? Bugaboo .

Last edited:
If we lose to OU I’m going to be pissed. That means we have to beat 2 of 3 out of Florida, Bama and UGA. The goal has to be the CFP with the offensive and defensive lines we have coming back. The only path I see is going 10-2 at worst.

If we lose to OU I’m going to be pissed. That means we have to beat 2 of 3 out of Florida, Bama and UGA. The goal has to be the CFP with the offensive and defensive lines we have coming back. The only path I see is going 10-2 at worst.
I think it's a real possibility. That's a historically tough program and it is on the road. They beat Texas last year, so they are not going to be garbage. Can we win? Absolutely. Will a loss be a cause for panic? No, not in my opinion, especially if it's a competitive loss. While I think we could make the CFP this year if everything breaks right, I think 2025 is really going to be our year to absolutely expect to be in it.

VN Store

Back